Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #439 of 5,804
Lol... I'm hoping I don't like them at all... But I really need to try them. Might be an early Xmas present to myself from me!!

Don't be selfish,u can send them to me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #440 of 5,804
Lol... I'm hoping I don't like them at all... But I really need to try them. Might be an early Xmas present to myself from me!!

Haha. Yeah, I know what you mean. You know the feeling when you listen to an IEM for the first time, and you have that epiphany-like experience? And you tell yourself, "I want this". LOL. Happens to all of us, I guess.

Nov 7, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #446 of 5,804
I had placed my preorder in September after I had auditioned the demo unit with / without PHA3 over half an hour, but I had done nothing after I had auditioned westone Pro 50 / W60 in local AV show a few months ago, nor on last year's H3, just that simple. And we can have some discount on Z5 and extra cable, and with some other gifts when order together with PHA3.

The forever truth is everyone have different preferences and taste on sounds, and every brand had different tune, you better auditioned by yourself to see if anything fits for yourself.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #448 of 5,804
  $700 Earphones
$120 Cable
$1,000 Amp

At this rate, the Z5 is gonna be stuck at home, unless you want to purchase two. 

I was at the Sony Store a few days back, hoping to get a glimpse of the Z5/7. It's a shame they weren't around, but I managed to get my hands on the PHA-3. They are huge, and using them as a portable amp is quite out of the question (unless you enjoy weightlifting, of course). What was really bad about its design was the volume knob - turning it was quite difficult from the perspective of a portable amp.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #449 of 5,804
these are now in stock at the Sony Stores in Canada. They look good but I just can't buy two $700 products at the same time. So just got to look at the box LOL. Really wish they would set these up for audition. Hell force people to buy a pair of tips to try them, that would separate the tire kickers from the buyers LOL.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #450 of 5,804
PHA2 vs PHA3
Dimensions (Approx.) : 68 mm x 29 mm x 140 mm VS 80 mm X 29 mm X 140.5 mm
Weight (Approx.) : 270 g VS 300 g

With the extra balance amp, higher power output and longer battery life, that little increase is not that bad, and its size really doesn't matter as I always have my shoulder bag with me, Small portable amps just can't deliver that power and quality.

Glad we can free to try out these products at local stores, maybe just because we can't just return anything we bought after we doesn't like it, as you guys did in your country. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back