Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Jun 11, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,862 of 5,804

In my experience with the Z5 just get a good amp and it will shine in every area. A cable if one picks the right one get a 5 to 7% improvement but a good amp will improve more. For now I wont touch the cable due to my fears of this type of connectors. I had many issues with Shure and Westones when I kept changing cables , like loosing sound every now and then etc.

Hmmm have you tried the A3 with the upgrade cable? If yes how good is the improvement @_@?

Jun 11, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #1,865 of 5,804
  What good amp to use then?? 5-7% improvement u mentioned using the cable seems like a huge deal since the cable doesn't cost a lot O_O

I've been loving the z5 from my apex glacier and Samsung phone. I plan to sell this dac/amp in early July. 
Like the PONO player the glacier is a fast amp and suits the z5 well. I'm side grading to the pono player as it'll be a present from a family member who lives in USA. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #1,867 of 5,804

I've been loving the z5 from my apex glacier and Samsung phone. I plan to sell this dac/amp in early July. 
Like the PONO player the glacier is a fast amp and suits the z5 well. I'm side grading to the pono player as it'll be a present from a family member who lives in USA. 

will depend on the right materials used on the cable. I like the Headstage Arrow and Vorzuge amps.

Woah the amp/dacs u both mentioned are quite pricey(still a student) and can't find in my country, i guess i better start saving and get both cable and amp/dac for a full rig...
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,871 of 5,804
  I'm caught in between FiiO E12A and Cayin C5 for quite a while still don't know which one is better i would like an amp that can bringout more details/vocals and tighten the bass in my A3.

why not look also at the Oppo HA-2 it has hardware level bass boost. tough it depends on the music, fe. Organ music is good with the bass on, aso chamber music, but harpsichord tends to sound muddy

Jun 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,873 of 5,804
I believe the Shell and Kern are music players...

But they are crazy expensive which is part of why I bought a Pono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back