Sony XBA4-SL Are These Fake ?
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 35
Hi thanks for replying, these are a bit cheaper. I'm just wondering if they're fake, but they have that 'Prime' check thing on them and they're fulfilled by amazon. Could this mean they are not fake?

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 35
Hi thanks for replying, these are a bit cheaper. I'm just wondering if they're fake, but they have that 'Prime' check thing on them and they're fulfilled by amazon. Could this mean they are not fake?

When it says that it's fulfilled by Amazon, that just means that it's being sold by a third-party vendor using Amazon's warehouse and shipping services. Thus, because it's not being sold by Amazon directly, it is still possible to receive a fake unit.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 35
Hey zaim, just wondering because I might buy the same iem on amazon but, what was the price you paid for the real Sony xba-4? The price on amazon now is about 200$ but that seems too cheap to be true!

XBA-4 are on sale in many places (new hybrid XB models incoming).
Got mines in June for 150$ in Sydney Airport electronic store.

From the look of it, Zaim got the French packaging, looks authentic to me.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 35
Since the XBA40 are out I'd actually be looking at those over the XBA4, unless the 4's are on sale.

The chances of getting something that's fake is less likely when its "fulfilled by amazon" even if you get a fake you'll be dealing with Amazon, not the third party seller, at least that's how I'm told it works.

Any chance you could send me a link to the headphones ?

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #20 of 35
i almost had the same problem with some bose qc15 until, before payment i asked the seller if they were genuine or not and he just sent me an authorisation for cancellation of payment lol without a reply.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #21 of 35
  i almost had the same problem with some bose qc15 until, before payment i asked the seller if they were genuine or not and he just sent me an authorisation for cancellation of payment lol without a reply.

Lol, I assume that's on ebay ? I really don't like buying Headphones on ebay, I prefer to go with a well known retailer or someone on ebay who can actually provide you with proof of purchase.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #25 of 35
I just got a pair of the xba 4 for about USD 136 from japan just last week on my holiday to japan, the XBA 40 was also similar priced, but I choose the xba 4 because the drivers in the XBA 4 are made in japan whiles the drive in the XBA 40 are made in china.

I put it up for sale in the auction now, as this was not my intended iem to buy, I also got the ex800ST which was the main iem that I was after.

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #29 of 35
I just got a pair of the xba 4 for about USD 136 from japan just last week on my holiday to japan, the XBA 40 was also similar priced, but I choose the xba 4 because the drivers in the XBA 4 are made in japan whiles the drive in the XBA 40 are made in china.

I put it up for sale in the auction now, as this was not my intended iem to buy, I also got the ex800ST which was the main iem that I was after.

Hahahahahahaha

Ok about xba40 made in china......it is true that it is made in china but then it diffraction loss compensated, proper equalised and angled BA driver....

Nowadays everthing is chinese bro.....u actually flushed ur money in japan made.

All sony BA drivers are made china....the thing made in japan is assembled in japan

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #30 of 35
This is an old thread to bring up, but to reply to your post, the first version of the XBA series XBA 1,2,3 and 4, sony clearly states the BA drives are made in japan, whiles the actual IEM are made in thailand, the XBA 10, 20, 30 and 40, the drives are made in china, and I think the iem are still made in thailand, hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back