Sony XBA4-SL Are These Fake ?
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

zaim

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, Well I thought I got a bargain when I found these for £150, seller accepted my best offer of £130, I was a bit suspicious.

They have turned up today, and to me they look fake, no case, pink ear buds, no additional ear buds, no manual etc.

Mar 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 35
Fake, and can be bought for less than $2. Sorry mate.

IIRC, XBA-4 only comes out with just one color scheme, black + chrome. The cable and box are wrong too.

Here is the real one:
XBA4-01.jpg

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 35
Yeah thanks for your reply, as soon as the parcel arrived i knew something was wrong, weighed almost nothing. Opened a case on Ebay, seller has agreed to give me a full refund, I will be leaving Neg feedback and reporting him, it's clear he knew they were fake, he's not said anything else to suggest he didn't know.

Hope he gets banned from ebay.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:
Yeah thanks for your reply, as soon as the parcel arrived i knew something was wrong, weighed almost nothing. Opened a case on Ebay, seller has agreed to give me a full refund, I will be leaving Neg feedback and reporting him, it's clear he knew they were fake, he's not said anything else to suggest he didn't know.

Hope he gets banned from ebay.

Good move, sir.
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #7 of 35
I saw those on ebay, looked 100% fake from the photos. Was this seller also selling the baby blue xba4's and didnt he also list around 4 other xba 4's on ebay a few weeks back? Also could you name the seller as it will warn others who might get scammed in the future.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #8 of 35
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221200647513?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

That's a direct link to the listing, I should have noticed it from that picture.

Seller - davel70

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 35
I thought I'd share this here, got a reply back from the seller, I sent him a message with a link to what "Should" be in the box and what it should look like.

"Hi, sorry to hear your unhappy but my listing didnt state that you'd receive a leather case, additional earbuds, manual or warranty leaflet. It did state that you'd receive exactly what you did receive.I doubt very much they are fake considering how much they cost me. Anyway, as you will see from the listing i accept returns provided returned items must be in original & unused condition to receive a refund and that the buyer is responsible for return postage, however, as a gesture of goodwill i am willing to refund your postage costs as well. I hope this is satisfactory and apologise for any inconvenience caused, i would suggest however that you read the descriptions more carefully in future and ask if there is anything you want to know more about an item before purchasing. Once again please accept my apologise."

The first/last bit made me laugh.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 35
Aww dude......... the guy politely apologized so why don't you just let him go?? JK hehe looks like those "100% positive feedback" BS are not to be trusted then. I wonder how ebay scammers got those high feedback scores.

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:
Aww dude......... the guy politely apologized so why don't you just let him go?? JK hehe looks like those "100% positive feedback" BS are not to be trusted then. I wonder how ebay scammers got those high feedback scores.

lol, his apology means nothing to me, its not good enough.

And yeah 100% positive feedback means nothing nowadays, it aint the first time this has happened, I ordered some WD 3TB drives from china, £20 each lol. All I got was a bag of beeds. Got my money back in the end, thing is he had well over 1000 feedback, all positive. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #12 of 35
The guy has another auction where he is selling some Beats for 19 pounds. (Sorry, in the US and can't find the Pound Sterling key) 

I wonder if they're legit... LOL

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #13 of 35
Haha, one thing is for sure, I wouldn't buy anything from him.

Got the real XBA 4 delivered today from Amazon, a lot more expensive but at least its not Fake.

Anyone know if these need "burning" in before they sound better? in terms of bass I can't seem to notice a difference between the 3's and 4's, With my the headphones connected to my Amp "digizoid zo2" there is a decent amount of bass but it isn't deep. The XB41's blow these away in terms of bass.

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #14 of 35
Hey zaim, just wondering because I might buy the same iem on amazon but, what was the price you paid for the real Sony xba-4? The price on amazon now is about 200$ but that seems too cheap to be true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back