Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #886 of 3,257
  I was horrified when I actually saw the size of my H3 and thought no way! that's just silly. But once you find the right tip they are surprisingly comfy and you just forget you are wearing it but I got a couple of funny looks on the train today. 
Isolation is also quite a bit better that I first expected. 
About the sound, they are really growing on me. They are the first iem that manage to nearly replicate the sound of a full size closed headphone.

Thanks for the impressions.
Can you elaborate a bit about the isolation ? How good is it ? With which tips ? Compared other in-ear headphones ? And if it is improved with vent blocked.

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #887 of 3,257
It's interesting that the H3 takes on a whole new level of performance with the vents patched up, almost feels like they've put square tires on a sports car :l

I'm pretty dumbfounded, to say the least, as I had already made my mind up to return them to the shop on Monday. Then I read Inks' post about the vent mod. Now they sound so markedly better, I'm wondering whether they're supposed to sound this way stock and I simply might have got a lemon, lol.

They are the first iem that manage to nearly replicate the sound of a full size closed headphone.

To this, I can relate. They sound huge, authoritative and scale effortlessly with higher volume.

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #888 of 3,257
@james444

which is best sounding iem between h3 and k3003?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #890 of 3,257
Ordered a XBA-H1 Can't believe Sony would release a in ear that sounds like crap, since they worked with artists and technical people with these Hybrids.
If they sound horrible I can send them back, just called Sony to confirm.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #891 of 3,257
  Ordered a XBA-H1 Can't believe Sony would release a in ear that sounds like crap, since they worked with artists and technical people with these Hybrids.
If they sound horrible I can send them back, just called Sony to confirm.

what are ur prefrences ??

what iem's do u have??

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #892 of 3,257
I'am quite new, I have had the sony XB300, XB500, Monster Jamz, Monster Turbine, And just wanted to try out something new, hope this is good for on the road with my Xperia Z1.

I always listen on my laptop with the volume from 5% - 25% that's really enough for me. 5% for voices(review) and 25% for movies and music.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #893 of 3,257
  I'am quite new, I have had the sony XB300, XB500, Monster Jamz, Monster Turbine, And just wanted to try out something new, hope this is good for on the road with my Xperia Z1.

I always listen on my laptop with the volume from 5% - 25% that's really enough for me. 5% for voices(review) and 25% for movies and music.

i am sorry to say but unless u love bass with underwhelming clarity u won't be happy with these.believe me,,i have used them for past 3 days and they are just average in all department except soundstage,the bass though huge is not tight at all.
                                                             u must get xba-3 instead if u prefer sony but i would seriously suggest u to go with
                                                                       1)brainwavz r3(mp4 nation.com)
                                                                       2)creative aruvana 3
                                                                       3)me a161(cheapest in this group but has a single ba as opposed to dual in above two)
                                                                       4)cowon new dual driver earphones

i insist u cancel the order as u won't be pleased but is u love bass and wide soundstage then they are perfect for u

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #899 of 3,257
I'm pretty dumbfounded, to say the least, as I had already made my mind up to return them to the shop on Monday. Then I read Inks' post about the vent mod. Now they sound so markedly better, I'm wondering whether they're supposed to sound this way stock and I simply might have got a lemon, lol.

Just read thru this CanJam recap and there's a short section on the new Sony H phones:

http://www.audio360.org/events_a0004_canjam-2013_an-audio360-special-report.php

Interesting that they were blown away by both H1 and H3... Especially in light of the very polarizing reception thus far.

"While we loved the now-discontinued MDR-EX1000 for its reference-level fidelity, the new XBA-H3 easily moved up the performance needle by several notches"

Does that strike you as hyperbolic? I have a hard time believing it myself

That aside, I will say that I haven't had good luck with Sony... At all. Nearly every Sony product I've ever owned has exhibited problems (PS1/PS3, EX-600, SA3K, SA5K, Sony Walkman, RH-1 HIMD player etc.) so I dunno, might be worth it to exchange for another unit if the store allows exchanges

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #900 of 3,257
Just read thru this CanJam recap and there's a short section on the new Sony H phones:

http://www.audio360.org/events_a0004_canjam-2013_an-audio360-special-report.php

Interesting that they were blown away by both H1 and H3... Especially in light of the very polarizing reception thus far.

"While we loved the now-discontinued MDR-EX1000 for its reference-level fidelity, the new XBA-H3 easily moved up the performance needle by several notches"

Does that strike you as hyperbolic? I have a hard time believing it myself

That aside, I will say that I haven't had good luck with Sony... At all. Nearly every Sony product I've ever owned has exhibited problems (PS1/PS3, EX-600, SA3K, SA5K, Sony Walkman, RH-1 HIMD player etc.) so I dunno, might be worth it to exchange for another unit if the store allows exchanges

Maybe there are one million notches on the dial...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back