Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #871 of 3,257
No prob. It'll grant you a good chunk of the ex-1000's sig for considerably less if you can't afford the Ex-7550/800. Even after going thru a good number of TOTL phones, I still think the Ex-600 have got some real strengths that hold up

It's interesting that the H3 takes on a whole new level of performance with the vents patched up, almost feels like they've put square tires on a sports car :l

maybe closing vents work with h1 too??!!

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #874 of 3,257
If there's indeed a tiny hole on the housing, that may very well be a vent of sorts. Try plugging it up with tape and then using a pin to prick through it like Inks suggested

For reference, here is a pic of the vent on a K3003 (near the base of the stem):

AKG-k3003-6.jpg

You can see that the vent is very tiny indeed

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #875 of 3,257
If there's indeed a tiny hole on the housing, that may very well be a vent of sorts. Try plugging it up with tape and then using a pin to prick through it like Inks suggested

will try tomorrow for sure

maybe its just an indentation but there should be a hole as a dynamic driver is there too

maybe choking it would reduce booming bass

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #876 of 3,257
  i don't know but there is a small hole.........lol,,,guess thats not a vent,haha

for one second my hopes wee up.....*****

For reference, here is a pic of the vent on a K3003 (near the base of the stem):

You can see that the vent is very tiny indeed

Here's the vent on the XBA-H3:

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #879 of 3,257
  The H1 has the same BA as the XBA-1? Have they learned nothing!!!!

man that ba is useless judging from the clarity of my h1,,,,disappointing to say the least.

the golden days of sony are over seeing h1,h2 and h3

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #880 of 3,257
The h1 looks to big and uncomfortable to wear, and it looks quite high profile , so which is better in terms of fit and size, the h1's or the xba3's ?

i can only vouch that h1 are not very comfortable but am sure in 3-4 days i will feel fine,,,,i have doubt h3 will be comfortable though,,,those are huge

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #882 of 3,257

man that ba is useless judging from the clarity of my h1,,,,disappointing to say the least.

the golden days of sony are over seeing h1,h2 and h3

It's a crucial couple of month's for Sony. I won't have contempt prior to investigation with the H line, but if the F886 and ZX1 don't pass muster as well, then the world of IEM users will have to storm the board meeting and demand they concentrate on existing middle of the road Mp3's and xb's and ex's. And save for all time their existing models in these lines. Or they'll be swamped by the Orchard.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #883 of 3,257
  It's a crucial couple of month's for Sony. I won't have contempt prior to investigation with the H line, but if the F886 and ZX1 don't pass muster as well, then the world of IEM users will have to storm the board meeting and demand they concentrate on existing middle of the road Mp3's and xb's and ex's. And save for all time their existing models in these lines. Or they'll be swamped by the Orchard.

take it from me that h1 are way too pricey for what they actually are capable of,,,,it may be good for 40-50 dollars,nothing more.

already ppl  are slamming zx1 and saying it has very low outpot power lke only 15mw and even output impedance could be high.

f series will be fine i think but once again they provide no sd card slot and the player becomes expensive in higher capacities.

what would u suggest in price range of 100-130 dollars??

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #884 of 3,257

take it from me that h1 are way too pricey for what they actually are capable of,,,,it may be good for 40-50 dollars,nothing more.

already ppl  are slamming zx1 and saying it has very low outpot power lke only 15mw and even output impedance could be high.

f series will be fine i think but once again they provide no sd card slot and the player becomes expensive in higher capacities.

what would u suggest in price range of 100-130 dollars??

My knowledge is pretty hollow away from Sony of late, but the xb 90 ex is the best IEM I have heard at the price, and by a long way. It really has few chinks, the bass refuses to bleed, and I even noticed some liquidity as it was following a Clifford Brown trumpet solo. If you value soundstage, fulsome sound body, clarity and depth, then i must surely think it's a page at the court of the ex 1000. The bass is deep but not bloaty, and a few big hitters like it as well, in fact the praise was unanimous.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #885 of 3,257
I was horrified when I actually saw the size of my H3 and thought no way! that's just silly. But once you find the right tip they are surprisingly comfy and you just forget you are wearing it but I got a couple of funny looks on the train today. 

Isolation is also quite a bit better that I first expected. 
About the sound, they are really growing on me. They are the first iem that manage to nearly replicate the sound of a full size closed headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back