Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #901 of 3,257
this is what audio 360.org says on h1

"M.L.:  Thanks to Mr. Jeff Hiatt (Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Sony), we were able to get an exclusive demo of their new Balanced Armature Hybrid in-ears: the XBA-H1 and XBA-H3. We found the XBA-H1 to be stunningly good sounding for only $149 - as we especially liked the toe-tapping sound signature and powerful bass. There was no hint of distortion - even when driven at high levels."

u know what i feel??

********.............TOTAL NONSENSE

NO DISTORTION AT HIGH VOLUME??THEY HAVE NO CLARITY FOR AN IEM WORTH 150$

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #902 of 3,257
Hahaha no doubt... Songbird said that the vaunted turderiffic K3K isn't a night and day difference to the EX-1K. I haven't heard the Ex-1K, but I've got the Ex-600 and I believe Muzak puts the Ex-600 at some 85-90% of the Ex-1K. Therefore, for the H3 to be several notches above the Ex-1K would mean -

H3=Tantric sex with Sting=Roxanne>>>>K3K>EX-1K>EX-600

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #903 of 3,257
Hahaha no doubt... Songbird said that the vaunted turderiffic K3K isn't a night and day difference to the EX-1K. I haven't heard the Ex-1K, but I've got the Ex-600 and I believe Muzak puts the Ex-600 at some 85-90% of the Ex-1K. Therefore, for the H3 to be several notches above the Ex-1K would mean -

H3=Tantric sex with Sting=Roxanne>>>>K3K>EX-1K>EX-600

but ask anyone who owna h3 and is happy??

ppl are blocking vents for them to sound good so they can justify the steep price.

how can h3 even be close to ex1000 whrn ex1k cost almost 2 times more??its not possible

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #904 of 3,257
Should give them at least 200 hrs burn-in.

the issues these have cannot be fixed with burn in believe me.

they are just useless for this price point and negligible warranty,,,,guess some companies never learn

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #906 of 3,257

"M.L.:  Thanks to Mr. Jeff Hiatt (Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Sony), we were able to get an exclusive demo of their new Balanced Armature Hybrid in-ears: the XBA-H1 and XBA-H3. We found the XBA-H1 to be stunningly good sounding for only $149 - as we especially liked the toe-tapping sound signature and powerful bass. There was no hint of distortion - even when driven at high levels."

u know what i feel??

I don't get why you have to keep repeating how awful these headphones are in this threat, you have been doing it for 5 pages.
No need getting upset, you spent some money and you didn't like what you bought, we get it. You gave your opinion a number of times but many reviewers have had good impressions with these and so did I, I would honestly recommend them to anyone I know and I'm sorry you don't like them.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #907 of 3,257

u know what i feel??

CLARITY аhahah don't joke please. One BA driver and CLARITY it's incompatible things. I don't have xba-H1 but I understand that they can not be better then xba-3 (30) a separation instruments, sound stage and treble

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #908 of 3,257
but ask anyone who owna h3 and is happy??

ppl are blocking vents for them to sound good so they can justify the steep price.

how can h3 even be close to ex1000 whrn ex1k cost almost 2 times more??its not possible

I know, I'm being facetious. That's why I mentioned that it was odd that Sony seemingly designed a very capable phone in the H3 and purposely hamstrung it. I have no doubt that the individual components in the H3 are capable, it's just that the tuning is woeful (a likely result of having collaborated with recording artists). And hey, if a simple, easily reversible mod nets you a noticeable improvement that justifies the askin price I don't see what's wrong

CLARITY аhahah don't joke please. One BA driver and CLARITY it's incompatible things. I don't have xba-H1 but I understand that they can not be better then xba-3 (30) a separation instruments, sound stage and treble

I do believe you should check out a FAD or ETY phone in the future :wink: As my friend Soundfreaq once said, "nothin means ****." Moar drivaz doesnt necessarily equate to better sound. A carefully tuned single driver phone is capable of some VERY surprising things

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #909 of 3,257

I don't get why you have to keep repeating how awful these headphones are in this threat, you have been doing it for 5 pages.
No need getting upset, you spent some money and you didn't like what you bought, we get it. You gave your opinion a number of times but many reviewers have had good impressions with these and so did I, I would honestly recommend them to anyone I know and I'm sorry you don't like them.

u seriously like h1??

the point is actually relative man,,,would u consider them worth 150 bucks is the whole issue here.do u??

and pls i am giving my input and trying to warn ppl to spend money cautiously on these as they have huge huge bass and are not for everyone

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #910 of 3,257
I know, I'm being facetious. That's why I mentioned that it was odd that Sony seemingly designed a very capable phone in the H3 and purposely hamstrung it. I have no doubt that the individual components in the H3 are capable, it's just that the tuning is woeful (a likely result of having collaborated with recording artists). And hey, if a simple, easily reversible mod nets you a noticeable improvement that justifies the askin price I don't see what's wrong

yaar u are perfectly right but the contention is their out of box performance vis a vis the cost sony demands.

mark my words .....these will be withdrawn soon and replaced with h10,h20,h30

i thought they would be awesome for 150 dollars cost as being dual driver hybrid but.................

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #912 of 3,257

pls don't bring emotions here

the point is ppl have(like me) paid a lot of money here and if the product which is advertised as being hybrid for good clarity and bass(yes both) turns out completely opposite then we have right to complain.

i am not comparing with xba-3,,,,i have compared this to brainwavz m3(pretty cheap at 80 odd dollars) and they are way better,,,except soundstage where sony is fantastic.

the fact is they are underwhelming for the price,,,i can pay at the max 50 dollars for these

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #913 of 3,257
  Maximum price for H1 - 80$

nope............it should be lesser

at 80$ u can get

1)me a161
2)bvz m3
3)pl-50(i think)

all these are way way better

i have heard a161p and have bvz m3...............making a guess on pl-50

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #914 of 3,257

nope............it should be lesser

at 80$ u can get

1)me a161
2)bvz m3
3)pl-50(i think)

all these are way way better

i have heard a161p and have bvz m3...............making a guess on pl-50

I do not think that A161 has such a bouncy bass like H1 and 80$ is justified price. Such a pricing policy in sony there's nothing we can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back