Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Feb 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,666 of 3,257
I think your tolerance for treble is insane.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's where I find the EX1000 a mess and unlistenable. The 7550 fixed that issue but doesn't produce the whole sound of the H3 for me. I can hear that its consumer oriented sound but for someone with stricter preferences, it hits all the areas. It might not be for the purists.

X2

So vwinter likes flaming hot daggers in his ears while pouring a be bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce
down them too? And that's describing the EX1000's treble mildly....

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #1,667 of 3,257
...really guys? lol.

I didn't hear the EX1000's treble as anywhere near that bad. In fact, I don't hear it as particularly bad at all. The EX1000's treble is much more tolerable than the original GR07's.

I do agree that the H3's treble is both more detailed and refined though. But the EX1000 didn't come close to being as some impressions would have had me believe.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,668 of 3,257
  ...really guys? lol.

I didn't hear the EX1000's treble as anywhere near that bad. In fact, I don't hear it as particularly bad at all. The EX1000's treble is much more tolerable than the original GR07's.

I do agree that the H3's treble is both more detailed and refined though. But the EX1000 didn't come close to being as some impressions would have had me believe.

^ you could say likewise for those ASG 2s as well,..................... for good or for bad you done decide.
wink.gif

But i didn't even bother reading in depth into those impressions anyways...... so.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #1,669 of 3,257
  ^ you could say likewise for those ASG 2s as well,..................... for good or for bad you done decide.
wink.gif

But i didn't even bother reading in depth into those impressions anyways...... so.

eh?

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,670 of 3,257
  ...really guys? lol.

You must have super sonic ears then too, eke2k2. You must be able to hear a dog whistle with ease and no irritation. Yes, it's that's bad. Actually I felt like I was holding back in describing those highs. Same with the EX600 (I had to sell that too). As DannyBai stated, only the 7550 fixed those higs, but there wasn't enough bass for me there. And the ASG-2 did not have EX1000 highs that sounded that harsh or piercing.

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,671 of 3,257
I think your tolerance for treble is insane. :) That's where I find the EX1000 a mess and unlistenable. The 7550 fixed that issue but doesn't produce the whole sound of the H3 for me. I can hear that its consumer oriented sound but for someone with stricter preferences, it hits all the areas. It might not be for the purists.

X2

So vwinter likes flaming hot daggers in his ears while pouring a be bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce
down them too? And that's describing the EX1000's treble mildly....

I had a lengthy affair with a hot little number called the HJE900 :wink:

Sexy times...

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #1,672 of 3,257
It's perfectly normal if you don't like the EX1000's treble as our ears respond to sound differently. I am for one a lucky dude who actually enjoys its treble, a lot, for more than 4,000 hrs during the last 2 yrs.

But don't let your emotions run high and exaggerate things out of proportion, as it won't help your argument and only dampen your credibility.

In the end for this hobby, it all comes down to personal preference. Who really cares what you like or dislike?

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #1,673 of 3,257
I don't think anyone needs to worry about dampening their credibility or is emotional about the subject.  We all know each other quite well and there's nothing bad going on here.  I except everyones opinions and if that unruly treble hits all the right spots for some, then good for it.  

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #1,676 of 3,257
I don't think anyone needs to worry about dampening their credibility or is emotional about the subject.  We all know each other quite well and there's nothing bad going on here.  I except everyones opinions and if that unruly treble hits all the right spots for some, then good for it.  

And I was called an elitist once. That was funny but you handled it well DannyBai. Better than I would have. Thank you.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,677 of 3,257
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,678 of 3,257
  Hello,

The XBA-H3 Paired with the Note 3 is really good. But what I did is, I rooted my Note 3 and installed Viper4Android. 

Oh my god man, it's perfect now. Simply perfect. 

What I did I played just a little with the equalizer provided by the Viper4Android App and enabled Field Surround and Viper Clarity OZone+ and I swear to you now I use the XBA-H3 more than the DT990 :)

The sound settings in the stock Note 3 is really bad but if you disable sound effects its good. If you want to use Surround and Equlizer then in my opinion you have to root your Note 3 and install Viper4Android. 

Otherwise if you want to listen to the XBA-H3 the way it was intended to be used then it should be perfectly fine too.

That's after all my opinion and your experience may differ than mine. 

Hope I helped.

Wow, thats really helpful! I've not rooted my note 3 yet, but will soon. And it seems to be you are happy with the volume of the note 3 without an amp. Thanks for your input.

I think you must mean AMP (the note 3 has a good dac).

Ah yes, got my terminology wrong. Thanks for the correction.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #1,679 of 3,257
Anyone how cares to look these things up will see that the MDR7550 share similarly uneven treble with the EX1000, just a few decibels more subdued.

Given the fact that equal-loudness contours differ by about the same amount as the EX1000 and MDR7550 between mid- and high volume in treble vs. the midrange (meaning we tend to perceive treble as increasingly more obtrusive at higher volume), something as trivial as different listening habits may be responsible for (most of) the fuss. 
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back