Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #1,846 of 3,257
Chaps, the bass is built in by design, so with the stellar high's and acceptable mids, you get an entertaining IEM. It is not a studio monitor, it needs a long burn in, if you are allergic to bass. There is a world of detail, it's a beaut. Tape mods/bass bleed, Tape mods/bass bleed....please stop!

Apr 14, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #1,847 of 3,257
^ You can use duct tape on my set, no problem. Just make sure to poke only a very small hole with a needle, or else the effect will not be noticeable.

Oh, that was the problem, I wasn't poking a hole in the tape... No worries though, I'm shipping them back to Eke today and I ordered a set that will be here on Thursday. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #1,849 of 3,257
I can see it now. The H3 are gonna be the next big thing on Black Friday's for next couple of years :)

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,852 of 3,257
I have to agree with Danny. The stock cable of the H3 limits the sonics of the phones.. I ended up getting a cheaper silver coated OFC Shure cables for the H3 and the Sonics notably improved..I just ended up getting the same cable Danny got. I am certain these will bring the SQ up a notch or two..

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #1,854 of 3,257
Add a silver cable to the equation and these sound incredible.

+
  I have to agree with Danny. The stock cable of the H3 limits the sonics of the phones.. I ended up getting a cheaper silver coated OFC Shure cables for the H3 and the Sonics notably improved..I just ended up getting the same cable Danny got. I am certain these will bring the SQ up a notch or two..

+
Can you guys provide a link for me, please?
smily_headphones1.gif

^
Why sure.....
400x400px-96bb0679_9403448.jpeg
.... :)

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #1,857 of 3,257
I'm greatly pleased, I just need a better cable. The angle at the driver entry makes these bulkier than need be.

I was unaware that these have the same connectors as Shure's... so I'll just be looking into their stock SExxx ones for a few bucks. Upgrading cables is something I am saving my wallet from.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,859 of 3,257
Anybody able to compare the H3 to the ATH-CKS77X?

I realize they are in different catagories but greatly admire the cks77x im combo with my NWZ1060. Considering the ZX1 now together with the H3's. Looking forward to how that will work out:)

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #1,860 of 3,257
Anybody able to compare the H3 to the ATH-CKS77X?

I realize they are in different catagories but greatly admire the cks77x im combo with my NWZ1060. Considering the ZX1 now together with the H3's. Looking forward to how that will work out:)

Much higher class of earphone..Tactile extended silky treble vs harder less dynamic treble in the CKS77X. Less warm more accurate wider deeper mids with a completely different level of instrument separation and vocal presentation. The H3 has it's own bass dynamic that is larger than the 13mm CKS77X.  16mm.. Might give you an indication of the bass capabilities. CKs77X is boomier bass while the H3 will have the deeper more extended textured and layered bass. Overall much less coloration in all areas of sound.  Way better spacial qualities and a 3D type rendering of sound on the H3. The H3 represents a good 3 tiers of better from the CKS77X. 

Save some money and go for the new Ibasso DX90 instead. Get a H3 and a FX850 for the same money spent on the ZX1 and H3. (More for your money)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back