Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread
Nov 30, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #333 of 474
  Can you sent images that shown scratches? I'm little curious about durability because i want to buy one?

i domt have them anymore but they are more like fine hair-line scratches kind like ipod classic

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #339 of 474
I'm from Malaysia. Quite hard to find affordable prices here for the Z5. Yet choosing the Z5 is like twice the price of a A3. So, help me to choose the right choice on having a decent in-ear headphones. thank you

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #340 of 474
I'm from Malaysia. Quite hard to find affordable prices here for the Z5. Yet choosing the Z5 is like twice the price of a A3. So, help me to choose the right choice on having a decent in-ear headphones. thank you

If you have the chance to listen to the A3 and it suits your taste, then I'd take it without hesitation. The Z5 is the ultimate toy, but the aural differences between Z5 and A3 are marginal considering the price difference. In my book, the Z5 is certainly not twice as good as the A3.

Another option might be the XBA-N3AP, if available in your country. I've got mine yesterday, and it is too early for a profound verdict, but these combine the immense bass fundament of the A3 with a finer resolution of mids and treble. They sound a little "brighter" than the A3, though, so it is up to your preferences.

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #341 of 474
Conclusion?

In my opinion...

If you are unhappy with typical Knowles balanced armature treble, and want more detail from a single dynamic driver IEM, these are the winner.

I find the treble to be much more natural sounding...less..."crashy" or "loose" yet still plenty of detail.

Pairing with an LG V20 was awesome and brought out more detail than my other phones. I'm using a Pixel right now, and it's still fine.

Love these things. Will probably pick up a cheap LG V10 in the future as a dedicated player, since I love boosted subbass with Viper4Android. But Pixel's eq is fine for now.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #342 of 474
In my opinion...

If you are unhappy with typical Knowles balanced armature treble, and want more detail from a single dynamic driver IEM, these are the winner.

I find the treble to be much more natural sounding...less..."crashy" or "loose" yet still plenty of detail.

Pairing with an LG V20 was awesome and brought out more detail than my other phones. I'm using a Pixel right now, and it's still fine.

Love these things. Will probably pick up a cheap LG V10 in the future as a dedicated player, since I love boosted subbass with Viper4Android. But Pixel's eq is fine for now.

Don'tthey use balanced armature for highs lol

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #345 of 474
i feel that my xba a3 has a thin bass, it has no body, what should i do about this, i felt this since i burnt my xba a3. does anyone have suggestion? i use white noise, pink noise method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back