Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread
Sep 2, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #301 of 474
No they are new earbuds, the included tips of Z5 are inside filled with red foam, these are mix of foam/silicone

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #302 of 474
Hi everyone, I am about to reward myself a pair of in-ear headphones and considering the A3. Can someone tell me how these compare to IM03, IMO04 and the E70 from Sony? I listen to any kind of music that suits my mood, it can be either pop, rock or classical or our traditionals folks. Would appreciate flat, neutral sound with clear and detailed mid/vocal, controlled treble, enough bass (not too heavy like the xb series of sony or too thin like the GR10 from Grado).

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #303 of 474
Strange A3 having shaper treble than XBA-Z5 could not reveal the tiny wodden pipes of the kleine orgelmesse of Joseph Haydn... the Z5 could retrieve this!!! and from a smartphone DAC wow

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #304 of 474
That really isn't strange. A truly good headphone should have resolution independent of it's signature. More treble for more detail is a thing you may do if you can't make a truly good headphone/earphone.
tongue.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #305 of 474
  That really isn't strange. A truly good headphone should have resolution independent of it's signature. More treble for more detail is a thing you may do if you can't make a truly good headphone/earphone.
tongue.gif

Hi, it seems that you have tried or got these E70/E50/E40/IM03 from Audio Technica and these A3/Z5 from Sony, would you mind telling me some comparisions between those? I am saving for one pair of those but cannot find anywhere for demonstration at my place.

Thanks so much in advance. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #306 of 474
  Hi, it seems that you have tried or got these E70/E50/E40/IM03 from Audio Technica and these A3/Z5 from Sony, would you mind telling me some comparisions between those? I am saving for one pair of those but cannot find anywhere for demonstration at my place.

Sorry, had the IM02 and E40 and some of the CKR but still haven't tried any of the Sony hybrids. My last Sony earphone was an XBA-40.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #307 of 474

tongue.gif

i Have never tried audio thenica

But i had XBA-A3 and now XBA-Z5... they both are similar in carácter but differences exist

Z5 has bigger soundstage, better detail retrieval and finer inner resolution (micro-details), has a bit recessed mids and smooth treble that does not cause ringy ears.

A3 has more foward mids and trebles extends to the reveal zone, they do reveal but they lack the microdetail of Z5

Bass quantity and quality seems the same on both

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #308 of 474

But i had XBA-A3 and now XBA-Z5... they both are similar in carácter but differences exist

Z5 has bigger soundstage, better detail retrieval and finer inner resolution (micro-details), has a bit recessed mids and smooth treble that does not cause ringy ears.

A3 has more foward mids and trebles extends to the reveal zone, they do reveal but they lack the microdetail of Z5

Thanks so much, so the difference in price seems worth it, I am also obsessed with details. Will try for the Z5 if I can.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #312 of 474
How does the XBA+A3 compare with other hybrid earphones like the DUNU 2000J? Wide soundstage like DUNU Titan 1? Bass quality and mids?

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #313 of 474

Wow, larger soundstage?  The A3 already has the largest soundstage of any IEM I've heard so far.  By bigger, do you mean both wider and deeper?  Now I'm curious.  must.... resist....   

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #314 of 474

Wow, larger soundstage?  The A3 already has the largest soundstage of any IEM I've heard so far.  By bigger, do you mean both wider and deeper?  Now I'm curious.  must.... resist....   
yes and more 3D I can really feel the room air and w some instruments internal reverb is heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back