Sony wired my SA5000 wrongly
Feb 24, 2011 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I discovered recently that my SA5000 are wired wrongly, the left channel goes into the right ear and vice versa. Pretty pathetic for a headphone that they sold for $700. I just called them hoping that they'd recognise an obvious manufacturing fault and fix them. But no, without waranty you have to pay to have them fixed and then apply for some Sony benevolence in refunding the cost. Of course I bought them second hand so I'm loathe to shell out minimum $66 and then spend forever chasing Sony.

So I have two reasons for posting, one to tell everyone that Sony have pathetic manufacturing standards and awful customer service. Secondly, I imagine this would take about half an hour fix and I was hoping a friendly Sydney head-fier would be able to help me out?

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 10
didn't the last owner  realize the left and right channels were swapped?
edit: you should make sure the previous owner didn't recable the headphone then swap the orginal cable back before sale 

Feb 24, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 10
Put them on backwards...

Now seriously, soldering is simple if you have a relatively steady hand, so it shouldn't cause too much trouble to just redo them the right way. YouTube is your friend for once here and is a good source of tutorials. Instructables also had a few tuts out there, some of which are really helpful, others are a waste of a read.

Feb 24, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 10
Are you serious?  I have NEVER had that issue with any Sony headphones.  I would be pissed off and return it to the seller.  It's not the fact that it's an easy rewire, it's the fact that you have to do it.  Just my 2cents.

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 10

The cable can be stock but there could be a replacement plug. I kept the stock cable when I reterminated my D7000 for balanced.
Quote:
No, stock cable.

I've never soldered anything in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back