SONY WH1000XM3 - better than QC35 in noise cancelling?
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #1,069 of 2,082
What option did you choose from the headphones drop-down list?
I actually bought this cable for the philips fidelio I had. I've send them back to amazon tho and since then the cable was unused.
So I chose philips fidelio x1.
Here is a picture: https://i.imgur.com/lZWrjPB.jpg

The producer is also reeeeally nice. You can send him an email and he will help you figure stuff out :)

Edit: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/forza-audioworks-impressions-thread.661441/ here is the impressions thread

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,070 of 2,082
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #1,071 of 2,082
So this isnt compatible with the M3?
it is :) Philips Fidelio X2 used 3.5mm and sony M3 uses it too :) that's why I use it.

I found the problem. "sound check" in the ios settings for the music app was turned on. for whatever reason it made the songs distorted. I can't remember turning it on....

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #1,072 of 2,082
Wondering what anyone can tell me about the SQ differences between Sony WH1000XM3 (wireless and wired) and Sennheiser HD650/HD6xx. I would be using galaxy s7 (current) and possibly s10 in the future (LDAC or high quality bluetooth and wired) streaming from spotify mostly and occasionally tidal. Are the Sony's (wireless/wired) close to the SQ of the Sennheiser? I know listening environment must be taken into consideration but lets say in perfect quiet and in a moderately noisy area such as a suburban neighborhood with moderate traffic.

Dec 13, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #1,073 of 2,082
I'm trying to replace the cable with one of my longer ones, but get no sound or bad sound.
Do you have to use the original cable? Doesn't it follow the regular standard? It sure looks like the other ones I have.
So my question is, which one do I need to buy? Want 2m.
Some Sony headphones (including the XM3) have a narrow opening around the headphone jack that prevents many standard audio cables from being inserted completely. Look at how the original cable plugs in, compared with your other cable. You need to use a cable that has a narrow casing around the plug, or you can trim the plastic around the plug of your other cable.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #1,074 of 2,082
These are a perfect fit.
Screenshot_20181213_204114.jpg
Still enjoying the X3'S but these are sounding better overall.
15447338076948737250367021556298.jpg

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,076 of 2,082
Maybe this isn't related to exactly XM3s but I have a oneplus 6T and my sound stutters for a second or so every so often with my xm3s on wireless. Some friends who have Iphone devices say they almost never encounter this issue. Is there something I can do to get a better connection or how come this is happening? I have priority on sound quality and I would really like to keep it that way if possible...

Also something I noticed, when it's around 0 degrees outside the touch controls just stops working and they queue up what I "touch" so when the headphones are warm again (for example subway) the headphones does all the touch controls at the same time.
Is it possible to disable all the touch controls?

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #1,077 of 2,082
Also something I noticed, when it's around 0 degrees outside the touch controls just stops working and they queue up what I "touch" so when the headphones are warm again (for example subway) the headphones does all the touch controls at the same time.
Is it possible to disable all the touch controls?

Unfortunately, there's no way to disable touch controls. I accidentally ran an experiment a couple days ago, where I had my XM3s in their case in my backpack, next to a coldpak lunchbag, during the whole day at work. When I grabbed my headphones, they definitely felt cold (I would guess around 50F) but they worked fine. I have run into issues where I'm walking during cold winds, and siri being activated automatically

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #1,078 of 2,082
Wondering what anyone can tell me about the SQ differences between Sony WH1000XM3 (wireless and wired) and Sennheiser HD650/HD6xx. I would be using galaxy s7 (current) and possibly s10 in the future (LDAC or high quality bluetooth and wired) streaming from spotify mostly and occasionally tidal. Are the Sony's (wireless/wired) close to the SQ of the Sennheiser? I know listening environment must be taken into consideration but lets say in perfect quiet and in a moderately noisy area such as a suburban neighborhood with moderate traffic.

I can't directly compare the Sony's to the Sennheiser models you mentioned because I have the 1000xm2's and the Sennheiser 598's but I can tell you that there are significant difference between the two even though they both sound excellent. The Sennheiser'' have a much more open sound to them and let a lot of external noise in and leak a lot of your music out. The Sony's are more closed, have a slightly more' boxy' sound. It's fair to say that the Sony's also have more bass impact but not quite the same amount of detail.

I hope this helps.

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #1,079 of 2,082
Wondering what anyone can tell me about the SQ differences between Sony WH1000XM3 (wireless and wired) and Sennheiser HD650/HD6xx.
Are the Sony's (wireless/wired) close to the SQ of the Sennheiser?
The short answer is no. If you're looking for HD650/HD6XX sound from a wireless headphone, the XM3 isn't it. First of all, there is the inherent difference in sound between open and closed headphones. These headphones also have different frequency response. The HD650/HD6XX has a natural rolled off bass and the XM3 has a heavily boosted bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back