Sony WH-1000XM4 discussion and reviews
Jun 9, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #527 of 634
Sorry for silly question.

if you want noise cancellation without anything else do you turn Ambient Sound Control off in the App?

If you switch ambient sound control off, there's no noise cancelling at all (which is how I tend to use them at home as I prefer to hear any external sounds naturally rather than amplified through the headset). I've never really used the levels offered on the ambient slider or frankly understood their purpose, IMO, you either want noise cancelling on full or off.

Jun 10, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #528 of 634
One more question please.

in the App settings you can use Google assistant instead of Noise Cancellation for the designated button next to the power button. It also shows switching for long press. Does it allow device switching?

Jun 28, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #533 of 634
I plan on getting the Sony M4, but I will probably not like the bass bump. So I depend on the Equalizer function of the headphone or the playback software (preferably the former) to change the sound.

When changing the EQ in the Sony Connect app, does that setting apply to all connections to the headphone or only to sound played from the smartphone? On the Sennheiser Momentum 3, the EQ setting is saved on the headphone, but the Sony M4 online Help guide doesn't give any info on that aspect, so I want to be sure about that.

Thanks

Jun 28, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #534 of 634
I plan on getting the Sony M4, but I will probably not like the bass bump. So I depend on the Equalizer function of the headphone or the playback software (preferably the former) to change the sound.

When changing the EQ in the Sony Connect app, does that setting apply to all connections to the headphone or only to sound played from the smartphone? On the Sennheiser Momentum 3, the EQ setting is saved on the headphone, but the Sony M4 online Help guide doesn't give any info on that aspect, so I want to be sure about that.

Thanks
Saved on the headphones, like the M3.

Jul 9, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #537 of 634
Cannot figure out how to switch from IPad [aac] to Nvidia Shield [ldac]? The only way is to turn off Bluetooth on ipad first. Ridiculous
Ooh - Wonder if that’s why jumping devices is such a PITA with these? Last night I couldn’t get them to connect to my iPad. I tried to repair them, but then the iPad couldn’t see them until I shut off Bluetooth to re-populate the list of devices. I got these on Prime Day and have been trying to give them a fair try. Not a big fan so far, will most likely be shipping them back.

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #538 of 634
Hi guys
am looking for a movie headphone, preferably with dolby digital support and a convincing spatial experience.
I heard about Sony WH-L600 doing exactly that and for relatively small money...
Anyone experienced with such stuff, especially Amazon Prime Video content and what's the best solution for listening to such content from your TV/Fire TV stick/Apple TV4k?
Cheers

Jul 13, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #539 of 634
Hi guys
am looking for a movie headphone, preferably with dolby digital support and a convincing spatial experience.
I heard about Sony WH-L600 doing exactly that and for relatively small money...
Anyone experienced with such stuff, especially Amazon Prime Video content and what's the best solution for listening to such content from your TV/Fire TV stick/Apple TV4k?
Cheers
I am in exactly same predicament as you. Require wireless headphones for home Movies via my TV.
considering these Sony WH-L600 or AirpodMAX. i think Airpod MAX via AppleTV4k will be the best solution and will wait until public release of TVOS15 on AppleTV4k in September for reviews on how well it works with Airpod MAX. My feeling is Airpod Max is superior better headphone drivers compared to these Sony headphones and also handles Atmos. On the Sony site the WH-L600 has no reference to ATMOS.

Jul 13, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #540 of 634
I am in exactly same predicament as you. Require wireless headphones for home Movies via my TV.
considering these Sony WH-L600 or AirpodMAX. i think Airpod MAX via AppleTV4k will be the best solution and will wait until public release of TVOS15 on AppleTV4k in September for reviews on how well it works with Airpod MAX. My feeling is Airpod Max is superior better headphone drivers compared to these Sony headphones and also handles Atmos. On the Sony site the WH-L600 has no reference to ATMOS.
Here's another model: Sony MDR-HW700DS supporting 9.1 with dedicated decoder with Multi HDMI plugs.
On the market for quite some years and available used...

Though you won't get 4k HDR 60Hz and would need an additional HDMI switch to separate video from audio to work around that...

So I am also hesitating as I
- yet own AirPods Pro and have yet experienced the effect on Apple TV 4k with beta TVOS
- don't want to have a big zoo of switches and receivers while I could just use one Airpod Max plus having head tracking and superior ANC/transparency mode...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back