Sony WH-1000XM4 discussion and reviews
Aug 21, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #631 of 634
Hi,

I have Sony WH-1000XM4 and the battery is no longer holding charge. This is my gym and travels headphones.

I have found YouTube tutorial on how to replace the battery:

I have found the battery here: https://centralsound.co/products/re...-sony-wh-1000xm-headphones-1000mah-3-7v-sm-03

The whole process seems pretty straightforward; no soldering involved. Has anyone done this procedure before? I am more worried about the battery exploding when in use, turning me into scarface. Thanks in advanced!

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #632 of 634
I haven't done this for headphones, but I've done it for other devices. It looks like the video is pretty thurough: it's good that they show a comparison of their battery and the original. The specs are the same. The battery can swell if specs are different or poorly made. That there's a temp sensor as well, should be reassuring.

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #633 of 634
Hi, I have a problem and I'm trying to trouble shoot. I have a pair of these, but recently lost the supplied cable and bought a new one from a different manufacturer. It's the right kind of cable and it should work, but for some reason it doesn't. Will these headphones only work with the supplied cable they came with? Has anyone else had this issue?

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #634 of 634
Hi @AnotherFineMess : Bought this (balanced) one and it's working really well:

61LtCneaXML._SL1500_.jpg

Geekria QuickFit Audio Cable - Amazon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back