Sony WH-1000XM4 discussion and reviews
Aug 21, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #631 of 636
Hi,

I have Sony WH-1000XM4 and the battery is no longer holding charge. This is my gym and travels headphones.

I have found YouTube tutorial on how to replace the battery:

I have found the battery here: https://centralsound.co/products/re...-sony-wh-1000xm-headphones-1000mah-3-7v-sm-03

The whole process seems pretty straightforward; no soldering involved. Has anyone done this procedure before? I am more worried about the battery exploding when in use, turning me into scarface. Thanks in advanced!

Aug 22, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #632 of 636
I haven't done this for headphones, but I've done it for other devices. It looks like the video is pretty thurough: it's good that they show a comparison of their battery and the original. The specs are the same. The battery can swell if specs are different or poorly made. That there's a temp sensor as well, should be reassuring.

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #633 of 636
Hi, I have a problem and I'm trying to trouble shoot. I have a pair of these, but recently lost the supplied cable and bought a new one from a different manufacturer. It's the right kind of cable and it should work, but for some reason it doesn't. Will these headphones only work with the supplied cable they came with? Has anyone else had this issue?

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #634 of 636
Hi @AnotherFineMess : Bought this (balanced) one and it's working really well:

61LtCneaXML._SL1500_.jpg

Geekria QuickFit Audio Cable - Amazon

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #635 of 636
Hi all!

I got my wh 1000xm4 a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it. I wish I could use them in the gym but as I sweat (sometimes a lot) I'm worried to use the xm4. Not that I think It would cause serious damage, but I worry it could degrade faster in the long run. So I was thinking about some way to help prevent that and I saw that there is a sweat cover for it:

WC SweatZ XM4​

1718367980985.png

https://www.amazon.com/WC-SweatZ-XM4-Protective-WH-1000XM4/dp/B0CLDXQF5J/ref=sr_1_3

Apparently it has some good reviews on amazon overall. You think that this cover can actually protect the xm4 from sweat? I get sweat on the cusions very easily. Also, wouldn't this cover prevent the correct use of the ANC?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #636 of 636
Just don't wear headphones when you are working out. Most gyms play music anyway. I have been a gym rat going back to the 1990s and for me anyway, I prefer to hear the room. I consider that social connection.

I feel it is odd that people congregate in a social setting and yet want to isolate at the same time. When we go in public with headphones the social signal tells others go away, don't bother me. I'm doing everything I can to cancel your existence and I don't even want to hear a sound you make.

That is simply my opinion, I have arrived at it after many years of wearing headphones in public and for me that is now something I would never do. I even stopped wearing them back not long ago when I took public transit. I just looked around the bus one day and saw everyone ignoring each other. I thought it looked disturbing and distopia like with virtually every person social removed by headphones starring at their phones. No wonder we have a loneliness epidemic. Even when we congregate we ignore one another.

Rant over. My opinion only. Feel free to disagree and disregard. I have no illusions that others will share my view. I'm hitting the gym tonight and I will enjoy the freedom of no headphones and get to hear music from the facility. Music I often like but may not have heard otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back