Sony WF-1000XM5
Aug 31, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #497 of 1,039
I question the word 'few'. Yes some people have fit issues from what I read.
i know 5 people who own them. All of them have problems in comparison to xm4 and others.

if someone tells me: best sound ever, i use it more often than my m9... There must be a super fit where 100% of the sound potential of the xm5 is used and directed into your ears.

this is absolutely not the case for or my friends. And not the case for many others users here in this forum.

however, i like them and hope to find tips that fit and stick soon.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #498 of 1,039
So far I have tried the Spinfit CP100+, CP360, Azla SednaEarfit Max and they are certainly better than the originals, but the seal is still not optimal. I'm confident in the Sony EP-EX11 which should arrive next week!

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #500 of 1,039
i know 5 people who own them. All of them have problems in comparison to xm4 and others.

if someone tells me: best sound ever, i use it more often than my m9... There must be a super fit where 100% of the sound potential of the xm5 is used and directed into your ears.

this is absolutely not the case for or my friends. And not the case for many others users here in this forum.

however, i like them and hope to find tips that fit and stick soon.
Did you say you had tried Spinfit?

With them having the highly flexible neck area they just align into ear cannal. I found the XM4 just too ear filling in the body area for comfort (no tip issue, used same Spinfit).

To clarify, the ease of instant use of TWS is making me use them a lot, now they have excellent sound quality. I'm not saying they are better than my M9's or other wired IEM's, but not the massive drop in audio quality of some other TWS.

PS Maybe German ears are different :sweat_smile: (assuming you & all friends are German)

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #501 of 1,039
So far I have tried the Spinfit CP100+, CP360, Azla SednaEarfit Max and they are certainly better than the originals, but the seal is still not optimal. I'm confident in the Sony EP-EX11 which should arrive next week!
Just to say I have the none plus Spinfit CP100, not sure what difference is.

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #502 of 1,039
Did you say you had tried Spinfit?
i will do this... For you :xf_cool:

To clarify, the ease of instant use of TWS is making me use them a lot, now they have excellent sound quality. I'm not saying they are better than my M9's or other wired IEM's, but not the massive drop in audio quality of some other TWS.
of course, this is what i understood anyway.

PS Maybe German ears are different :sweat_smile: (assuming you & all friends are German)
might be - 6 out of 6 germans = no fit :p

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #504 of 1,039
i will do this... For you :xf_cool:

of course, this is what i understood anyway.

might be - 6 out of 6 germans = no fit :p
German here, perfect fit with the Softears tips, also FiiO H18 and Spinfit W1 weren't bad.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #506 of 1,039
I paired my XM5 with my Dell Vostro 5620 with windows 10 pro.

The sound was terrible... where i can change to LDAC on windows?

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #507 of 1,039
Sep 1, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #508 of 1,039
Sep 1, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #509 of 1,039
rtings.com updated the graph related to the improved ANC while logged in into a Sony account, in order so it's more clear when a Sony account is used or not:

1693559164239.png

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #510 of 1,039
re eartips: I have never liked foams, this hasn't changed with the new tips, this was also the case for me with XM3 ,& XM4 tips.

I don't have issues getting a seal, previously I was using Sedna crystal tips (I love the Xelastic but can't deal with them deforming every few weeks). This week I've tried the TRN-T series tips, they are a similar latex feel to the Sedna & the Softears, but are way more cost effective (I paid $8 AUD for 3 pairs on AliExpress). They now are my go to tip on the XM5 as well as XM4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back