Sony WF-1000XM5
Aug 29, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #481 of 1,039
I have to correct my judgment about xm5, probably too hasty. The poor audio quality, especially as regards the bass, was dictated by the poor adherence of the tips. The adherence test with the original Sony ones is always negative, with tips of any size. I tried some spinfit cp100+ XL which luckily I had and the music is completely different and very high quality. Only that the cp100+ make the earphones protrude too much from the ears. I bought some azla sednaearfit max L on Amazon and they don't protrude too much like the spinfits but the fit isn't perfect. I probably have a large ear canal and am better off with the XLs. What could you recommend as an alternative to the Spinfit CP100+?

Aug 29, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #482 of 1,039
I have to correct my judgment about xm5, probably too hasty. The poor audio quality, especially as regards the bass, was dictated by the poor adherence of the tips. The adherence test with the original Sony ones is always negative, with tips of any size. I tried some spinfit cp100+ XL which luckily I had and the music is completely different and very high quality. Only that the cp100+ make the earphones protrude too much from the ears. I bought some azla sednaearfit max L on Amazon and they don't protrude too much like the spinfits but the fit isn't perfect. I probably have a large ear canal and am better off with the XLs. What could you recommend as an alternative to the Spinfit CP100+?

I'm using the Sony hybrid tips EP-EX11 which are working perfectly and seal well. For me it is the LL size. Passes the fit test 100%.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #483 of 1,039

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829_180338_Headphones.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829_180338_Headphones.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 0
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #486 of 1,039
I am not sure they will work for you, but I use the Render tips (can be found on Amazon and HifiGo). They are foam tips with a silicone covering (similar to Symbio tips, but more compliant/squishy). Great fit, very comfortable, and nail passive isolation.

Aug 29, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #488 of 1,039
I find the SpinFit CP360 to sound and seal just like CP100 (non-plus) but they don't protrude as much.

Aug 30, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #489 of 1,039
After extensiv testing of 15 different ear tip types i concluded for myself that the Softears Ultra Clear Liquid Silicone ear tips are my favorite in combination with the XM5.
They are pretty comfortable over a extensive periode of time, have awesome isolation and sound wise they are S-Tier for me.

Aug 30, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #492 of 1,039
Aug 30, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #493 of 1,039
As with most of my IEM's I stick with Spinfit CP100-M and with these, I still can't get my head around how the XM5 can sound so totally awesome (NC off, LDAC best) for the price considering all the electronics.

Way better than any other TWS I've tried and joggling with my wired high-ends for pure listening pleasure.

I'm currently using more than my M9's and FD7's! Admittedly for their super convenience too.

If I'm into analysis/critical mood it's still my M9's.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #494 of 1,039
As with most of my IEM's I stick with Spinfit CP100-M and with these, I still can't get my head around how the XM5 can sound so totally awesome (NC off, LDAC best) for the price considering all the electronics.

Way better than any other TWS I've tried and joggling with my wired high-ends for pure listening pleasure.

I'm currently using more than my M9's and FD7's! Admittedly for their super convenience too.

If I'm into analysis/critical mood it's still my M9's.
you are one of the very few lucky people who find a perfect fit with the xm5 + tips = super happy listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back