Sony WF-1000XM5
Aug 12, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #331 of 1,039
Another thing to share, the slipperiness of the XM5 is real irritating and worrying for me too, it even causes some allergic reactions on my skin, think there is a chemical coating on it. I instinctively use the alcohol wipes i normally use to clean my iphone, it works for me. Alot less slippery now, but im not sure if it will affect the paint coating, doesn't bother me though.

If using alcohol wipes, remember not to touch the foam tip, it will damage it. Only wipe the body.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #333 of 1,039
Another thing to share, the slipperiness of the XM5 is real irritating and worrying for me too, it even causes some allergic reactions on my skin, think there is a chemical coating on it. I instinctively use the alcohol wipes i normally use to clean my iphone, it works for me. Alot less slippery now, but im not sure if it will affect the paint coating, doesn't bother me though.

If using alcohol wipes, remember not to touch the foam tip, it will damage it. Only wipe the body.
I have no issue with them, easy to get out of case and not dropped one yet.

Aug 13, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #335 of 1,039
Question:
Anyone use Wavelet EQ app with their WF-1000XM5?
Please share...thanks!
I am not using Wavelet EQ app any more, since I prefer Poweramp EQ with some true parametric EQ and easy auto EQ switching between any Bluetooth device. Both app need same DUMP parameters to be set through an USB connection.
WF-1000XM5 accept any EQ with such type of android APPs (though there no AutoEQ available at the moment).

Aug 13, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #336 of 1,039
I am not using Wavelet EQ app any more, since I prefer Poweramp EQ with some true parametric EQ and easy auto EQ switching between any Bluetooth device. Both app need same DUMP parameters to be set through an USB connection.
WF-1000XM5 accept any EQ with such type of android APPs (though there no AutoEQ available at the moment).
AutoEQ was what I was looking for...

Aug 13, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #337 of 1,039
Aug 13, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #338 of 1,039
Just in case for someone who is wondering the combination to get LDAC/ Sound Quality. With A306 on android OS 12.

The android OS bluetooth setting has to be set to LDAC/ Sound Quality, and also the Sony headphone app set to Sound Quality prefer.

If the Sony headphone app is set to Stabilty, it will force the connection to AAC disregard of the android OS bluetooth preference setting.

And this might be the solution to ANC problems too, as the sound quality is bump up, outside interferences sound like wind noise or track noise is hardly noticeable. If u can't get LDAC/ sound quality, go for AAC. Perhaps until Sony fix the LDAC Best effort. Hmm, if Sound quality works, forget about Best effort :D

Ah, almost forget, android setting LDAC/ Connection prefer + Sony headphone app Sound quality prefer = LDAC Best effort.
I use an app called Bluetooth Codec Changer and can easily set to LDAC660 or LDAC990. I find if out walking with phone/A307 in my pocket I need on 660, in house if listening to my own HD files I set at 990. If just listening to Spotify I leave at 660.

Not enabled Developer option myself.

Stability with my S23+ and same BT5.3 as XM5 is more stable than my A307 with its BT5.0

On my S23+ I also use Samsung app Sound Assistant which gives many more BT volume steps than default for finer volume control.

With BT Codec app can even have quick select buttons as below

Screenshot_20230813_215311_One UI Home.jpg
No Aptx on XM5 but also use a BTR7 which does.

I've only listened with XM5 for last week and my wired IEM's been having a vacation 🙃

Amazed how great these sound, best TWS I've had for SQ.

If I wanted out of this hobby I'd be happy to just stick with my S23+ 256GB and the WF-1000XM5!🫨

Excellent sound and unrivaled convenience.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #339 of 1,039
I use an app called Bluetooth Codec Changer and can easily set to LDAC660 or LDAC990. I find if out walking with phone/A307 in my pocket I need on 660, in house if listening to my own HD files I set at 990. If just listening to Spotify I leave at 660.

Not enabled Developer option myself.

Stability with my S23+ and same BT5.3 as XM5 is more stable than my A307 with its BT5.0

On my S23+ I also use Samsung app Sound Assistant which gives many more BT volume steps than default for finer volume control.

With BT Codec app can even have quick select buttons as below

Screenshot_20230813_215311_One UI Home.jpg
No Aptx on XM5 but also use a BTR7 which does.

I've only listened with XM5 for last week and my wired IEM's been having a vacation 🙃

Amazed how great these sound, best TWS I've had for SQ.

If I wanted out of this hobby I'd be happy to just stick with my S23+ 256GB and the WF-1000XM5!🫨

Excellent sound and unrivaled convenience.

Bluetooth Codec Changer doesn't seem to work on my A306. Could you tell me how to configure it please?

Aug 13, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #340 of 1,039
Today I received SpinFit W1 tips. They seal well and sound at least as great as any others, maybe better. The package included small, medium and large. I'm getting best results with large in my left ear, medium in my right ear, so I have two W1 sets I can use. I think some others have liked W1; I think these are my favorites too, although there is little if any significant difference between W1 and CP100 for me. Comfort is OK too.
Ultimately the SpinFit W1 tips proved to be a bit uncomfortable for me. I sent an email to SpinFit asking which of their tips they recommend for the WF-1000XM5. In their reply they mentioned their model CP360 which are designed for TWS earbuds, so I ordered a set and sure enough they are more comfortable, seal well and sound great, so I'm sticking with these.

Attachments

• Spinfit.png
    Spinfit.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
Aug 14, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #341 of 1,039
Bluetooth Codec Changer doesn't seem to work on my A306. Could you tell me how to configure it please?
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I only use it on my phone as A307 already has option to select Quality/Balanced in its settings (without need for discovery mode).

Aug 14, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #342 of 1,039
Sony mentions the LC3 codec is supported. I'm using the Motorola 40 Ultra which should support LC3, but it's greyed out in developer options. Does anyone knows how to enable LC3 on the Sony?

Aug 14, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #345 of 1,039
Ultimately the SpinFit W1 tips proved to be a bit uncomfortable for me. I sent an email to SpinFit asking which of their tips they recommend for the WF-1000XM5. In their reply they mentioned their model CP360 which are designed for TWS earbuds, so I ordered a set and sure enough they are more comfortable, seal well and sound great, so I'm sticking with these.
Thanks! Just ordered. I wonder if that means my Comfy tips for TWM 2 will work too, they are what Comfy recommends for Sony XM5. They did little for the sound on the WF-1000XM4, but maybe they will do something for the XM5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back