Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #2,416 of 2,999
Can’t really say as even the largest stock tip is too small for me
Me too, large ear holes. I use the LL Finals.

Jul 18, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #2,417 of 2,999
guys:
recently my xm4 started sounding terrible when used with spotify--boomy and hollow, with little midrange presence--tidal, youtube etc. all sound undistorted and fine. i tried updating the sony app and also reinstalling the spotify app but get the same result. could it be something in the spotify or sony settings? any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Jul 18, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #2,418 of 2,999
I love the new AZLA SednaEarFit MAX tips with the XM4, the standard one worked really well for me so I didn't bother trying the TWS version. Previously I was using the SednaEarFit vivid edition with the XM4 for a few months, that's another good combo.

Jul 19, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #2,419 of 2,999
Hey people, I bought my XM4's not so long ago, and I am looking for replacement tips because one of my foam tips has a cut in it
I favour foam tips because they have better sound isolation and they are more comfortable for me

I am thinking of buying the Comply Truegrip foams, but are there any other foam tips I should consider before I plonk down my cash?

Jul 19, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #2,420 of 2,999
Hey people, I bought my XM4's not so long ago, and I am looking for replacement tips because one of my foam tips has a cut in it
I favour foam tips because they have better sound isolation and they are more comfortable for me

I am thinking of buying the Comply Truegrip foams, but are there any other foam tips I should consider before I plonk down my cash?
Post in thread 'Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tansio-mirai-impressions-thread.897275/post-17052732

Jul 19, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #2,421 of 2,999

Tennmak strong foams 4.5mm I.D.

Jul 20, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #2,422 of 2,999
For the last two weeks or so the left earbud has had battery life issues, and now can't even last a 40 minute commute. It's about three weeks out of warranty.

Does anyone have any videos on how to tear it down for a battery replacement? I've seen pictures of the insides and it looks like a super simple repair once the earbud is open, but there is no obvious way to open it, and I also am wondering if the rubber gasket needs to be replaced as well.

EDIT: Two weeks out of warranty, just got off the phone to Sony, they will not repair it. Guess this is the last TWS earbud I buy from them. $300 earbuds that only last a year is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #2,423 of 2,999
For the last two weeks or so the left earbud has had battery life issues, and now can't even last a 40 minute commute. It's about three weeks out of warranty.

Does anyone have any videos on how to tear it down for a battery replacement? I've seen pictures of the insides and it looks like a super simple repair once the earbud is open, but there is no obvious way to open it, and I also am wondering if the rubber gasket needs to be replaced as well.

EDIT: Two weeks out of warranty, just got off the phone to Sony, they will not repair it. Guess this is the last TWS earbud I buy from them. $300 earbuds that only last a year is ridiculous.
Is the left earbud supposedly charging to 100%?

It’s charging to 100%, and then only lasting less than 40 minutes?

I’d be dissatisfied as well. Many many years ago I had bought a nice $2000 58” Samsung plasma TV that completely died 1 month after its warranty was up and they wouldn’t do anything for me. So I said that I would never buy or recommend another Samsung tv to anyone. I never buy extended warranty’s, but I guess this is one time that it might have paid off.

Jul 21, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #2,424 of 2,999

I’d be dissatisfied as well. Many many years ago I had bought a nice $2000 58” Samsung plasma TV that completely died 1 month after its warranty was up and they wouldn’t do anything for me. So I said that I would never buy or recommend another Samsung tv to anyone. I never buy extended warranty’s, but I guess this is one time that it might have paid off.
Yep, 100% to 0% in 40 minutes. Other earbud at 68%.

Did a bunch more research. In theory the battery would be very easy to replace . . . if you could buy it. It uses a coin-style Li-ion battery that is new for this model that I cannot find an aftermarket version anywhere. Probably because the huge majority of coin-style Li-ion batteries are 3.7V, and this one is 3.85V. The ones on ali express that claim to be compatible are also 3.7V versions. Also apparently the 0.15V is a big deal here with how the charging circuit works and will dangerously overcharge them.

It's so frustrating. For-parts they go for about $20 per earbud and theoretically working ones go for $50 on eBay. Going to have to dig through the auctions and hopefully find one I can gamble on.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #2,425 of 2,999
Yep, 100% to 0% in 40 minutes. Other earbud at 68%.

Did a bunch more research. In theory the battery would be very easy to replace . . . if you could buy it. It uses a coin-style Li-ion battery that is new for this model that I cannot find an aftermarket version anywhere. Probably because the huge majority of these batteries are 3.7V, and this one is 3.85V. The ones on ali express that claim to be compatible are also 3.7V versions. Also apparently the 0.15V is a big deal here with how the charging circuit works and will dangerously overcharge them.

It's so frustrating.
That sucks and I’d be very disappointed as well. We all kind of know these wireless buds aren’t meant to last because of the batteries but they should still be expected to last at least 2-3 years. A $200-$300 set shouldn’t be garbage in only a year.

Jul 21, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #2,426 of 2,999

i also facing same issue on my left earbuds
Luckily it happened 3 weeks before my warranty expired :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jul 22, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,427 of 2,999
I have noticed that the noise cancelling works excellently with the bass frequencies, and also it can cancel some higher frequencies , which I'd say is above around 7khz or so... I live next to a busy street , and I have configured the left earbud to toggle between 'Off' and 'Noise Cancelling' so that I can make a direct comparison with the ANC on and off....
Not only does it completely remove the low frequency rumbles (such as from car engines) , but it also cuts out the high frequency ambient 'white noise' (like from tyre noise on the road)

but it seems to be letting the mid-frequences through with almost no attenuation... things like the whine of a fan or other people's voices, the noise cancelling seems extremely ineffective at these frequencies
Has anyone else noticed this as well?

Jul 22, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #2,428 of 2,999
I have noticed that the noise cancelling works excellently with the bass frequencies, and also it can cancel some higher frequencies , which I'd say is above around 7khz or so... I live next to a busy street , and I have configured the left earbud to toggle between 'Off' and 'Noise Cancelling' so that I can make a direct comparison with the ANC on and off....
Not only does it completely remove the low frequency rumbles (such as from car engines) , but it also cuts out the high frequency ambient 'white noise' (like from tyre noise on the road)

but it seems to be letting the mid-frequences through with almost no attenuation... things like the whine of a fan or other people's voices, the noise cancelling seems extremely ineffective at these frequencies
Has anyone else noticed this as well?
What annoys me with the noise cancelling is that it adds more bass to your music, so I rarely use noise cancelling but when I have to use it, I need to turn the bass down:slight_frown:

Jul 22, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #2,429 of 2,999
What annoys me with the noise cancelling is that it adds more bass to your music, so I rarely use noise cancelling but when I have to use it, I need to turn the bass down:slight_frown:
I just make a preset with the 'clear bass' a couple db down, next to my normal one. That way it's relatively easy to change over in the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back