Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #2,341 of 2,999
Just got my pair and love them, but what tips do you all use and don't say comply I don't get on with them, something about the material.

Is there any way to get ambient off when not playing music, and back on the minute I tap to play.
It would be nice just to one tap when I want to speak to someone.
Turned off ambient when speaking, it's right annoying when it's on/off all the time.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #2,342 of 2,999
Just got my pair and love them, but what tips do you all use and don't say comply I don't get on with them, something about the material.

Is there any way to get ambient off when not playing music, and back on the minute I tap to play.
It would be nice just to one tap when I want to speak to someone.
Turned off ambient when speaking, it's right annoying when it's on/off all the time.
You don't need to do any of that, just enable Speak-to-Chat. Great feature!

May 3, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #2,345 of 2,999
did anybody compare them with the new b&o beoplay ex?

May 3, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #2,346 of 2,999
did anybody compare them with the new b&o beoplay ex?
To me the XM4 is plenty good enough on all parameters for my use case so I have no need nor desire to look for or try anything else

May 3, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #2,347 of 2,999
To me the XM4 is plenty good enough on all parameters for my use case so I have no need nor desire to look for or try anything else
i just checked some youtube videos where both are compared.

although not being a sony fanboy, i have the mdr-z1r, wf xm4, wh xm4, and linkbuds. i feel comfortable with the sony music app on my android and my adjusted, location based settings. so the beosound ex would have to really really convince me to switch.

the problem starts with lacking ldac = beosound delivers "just" aptx adaptive = 30% of ldac bit rate.

May 4, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #2,350 of 2,999
I settled on Sednaearfit Crystal Standard (not the shorter TWS version) Good isolation, comfort, and sound.
That’s also what I use. I actually use the TWS on my Z1R

May 4, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #2,352 of 2,999
Nice. I like the xelastics too and even slightly better for isolation but they deform too quickly and get pricey to keep replacing.
Yes the Xelastics deformed and became unuseable faster than foams

May 8, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #2,354 of 2,999
Anybody have impressions on fit in hear compared to the XM3? I had the XM3 but I pretty much had to stop using them because they just would not stay in my ear. I even tried the Sony Linkbuds hoping those would be cool but they didn't fit in my ear either.

I "downgraded" to the Galaxy Buds Pro last year, and while the sound quality is nothing spectacular, they are just good enough and fit perfectly in my ear. However, the noise cancelation on the Galaxy Buds outright suck compared to what I had with the XM3.

I'm trying to avoid the process of buying and returning If I don't have to, so how does the XM4 fit in your ears, especially compared to the XM3 or Galaxy Buds Pro?

May 8, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #2,355 of 2,999
Anybody have impressions on fit in hear compared to the XM3? I had the XM3 but I pretty much had to stop using them because they just would not stay in my ear. I even tried the Sony Linkbuds hoping those would be cool but they didn't fit in my ear either.

I "downgraded" to the Galaxy Buds Pro last year, and while the sound quality is nothing spectacular, they are just good enough and fit perfectly in my ear. However, the noise cancelation on the Galaxy Buds outright suck compared to what I had with the XM3.

I'm trying to avoid the process of buying and returning If I don't have to, so how does the XM4 fit in your ears, especially compared to the XM3 or Galaxy Buds Pro?
I didn't really have any problems with the XM3 but certainly prefer the fit of the XM4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back