Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #2,326 of 2,999
i like my xm4 on the go. but when it is in the case - original / final / no tips at all for testing.... when i move, it gets activated, all the time. like around 50x per day. when i walk the stairs, when i put into my pocket, when i put into my chest bag, when i move the chest bag, when i put the chest bag off. really, any moment during the day it gets activated and i have to deactivate it manually on my smartphone via the sony app (top right switch off button).

does anybody experience the same issue?

again: the IEMs, case, and electronic pins are cleaned before testing. no changes.

Apr 4, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #2,327 of 2,999
i like my xm4 on the go. but when it is in the case - original / final / no tips at all for testing.... when i move, it gets activated, all the time. like around 50x per day. when i walk the stairs, when i put into my pocket, when i put into my chest bag, when i move the chest bag, when i put the chest bag off. really, any moment during the day it gets activated and i have to deactivate it manually on my smartphone via the sony app (top right switch off button).

does anybody experience the same issue?

again: the IEMs, case, and electronic pins are cleaned before testing. no changes.
Never and I use XL tips bigger than any of Sony’s own

Apr 5, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #2,329 of 2,999
ok. i think i will send it to sony than in order to let them check the issue.

Apr 8, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #2,330 of 2,999
Very strange. The Headphone Connect app suddenly reported my XM4 installed firmware is 0.0.0, and is attempting to download the new firmware again. Will report here if there are other problems.
This happend again to me today. I killed the Sony Headphones app and lauched it again and all was fine showing the correct installed fw, no need to update again to the same fw

Apr 8, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #2,331 of 2,999
I read somewhere that the new xm4 update reigned in the bass a bit, is this true? How would you compare them with the newest update to the WF-XM3 purely based on sound? Trying to decide which I should get used/open box.

Apr 9, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #2,332 of 2,999
I read somewhere that the new xm4 update reigned in the bass a bit, is this true? How would you compare them with the newest update to the WF-XM3 purely based on sound? Trying to decide which I should get used/open box.
I've listened for a while now and would say so, yes. Nevertheless, not significantly enough to not use my own EQ setting for the XM4. Stock sound is still a tad too tamed for me with regard to the upper mids and highs. I'm using the stock foam tips, though. Silicone tips are usually "better" in that regard.

With all that said, I would take the XM4 over the XM3 any day of the week for various reasons (size, case, better ANC, slightly better microphones etc.).

Apr 11, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #2,334 of 2,999
I can't really comment on the sound of the XM3 as I don't own those, so this comment might not be that useful.
That being said, if you can find the XM4 for a good discount I'd go with those (for various reasons like design, comfort, battery life, updates for longer, LDAC, etc.).
As for the update, to my ears the bass is tighter and more controlled on the last firmware but it might be some placebo effect.

Apr 17, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #2,337 of 2,999
To those that are EQ'ing, what are yoir settings? I'm looking for something that gets these closer to neutral with silicone tips.

I feel that with EQ off, these sound have too much mid-bass.
I use supplied tips, with Treble boost preset.

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #2,338 of 2,999
To those that are EQ'ing, what are your settings? I'm looking for something that gets these closer to neutral with silicone tips.

I feel that with EQ off, these sound have too much mid-bass.
These are my current EQ settings

6EA54EBC-768C-4EA0-99E2-D31A0D052AC9.png

I say it’s a bit neutral bright.

Apr 17, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #2,339 of 2,999
These are mine :)

Attachments

• 283C3C6C-DE86-419C-9DF2-5D490BD16994.jpeg
    283C3C6C-DE86-419C-9DF2-5D490BD16994.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back