Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,177 of 2,999
The small tips fit me, but I've replaced them with tips sized 11.0.

Feb 8, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #2,178 of 2,999
Opened the Headphone Connect app today and a WF-1000XM4 survey popped up. Just wondering if anyone else also had a survey pop up? Maybe it's just random marketing feedback.

Survey popped up for me and answered them. Sony gathers direct feedback from users occasionally to help further improve future models, products, etc.

Feb 9, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #2,179 of 2,999
Its just such a shame that the sound totally changes when using ambient or noise cancelling.. I hope sony will allow the sound not to change when using these features in future updates, as I have stopped using ambient mode for this reason.

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #2,180 of 2,999
Was just researching these buds as I'm looking for a better ANC unit to replace my 75t's. I came across a lot of people on Reddit saying how once they used the ANC optimizer the ANC got noticeably worse and that it seemed like you couldn't 'reset' it.

Could that be why there's such a difference in opinion on the XM4's ANC abilities, and also has anyone on here noticed the problem?

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #2,181 of 2,999
Was just researching these buds as I'm looking for a better ANC unit to replace my 75t's. I came across a lot of people on Reddit saying how once they used the ANC optimizer the ANC got noticeably worse and that it seemed like you couldn't 'reset' it.

Could that be why there's such a difference in opinion on the XM4's ANC abilities, and also has anyone on here noticed the problem?
What is the ANC optimizer ?

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2,182 of 2,999

What is the ANC optimizer ?
Probably confused with the WH-1000XM4 headphones operation...

WH-1000XM4 ANC Optimizer.jpg

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #2,183 of 2,999
Probably confused with the WH-1000XM4 headphones operation...

WH-1000XM4 ANC Optimizer.jpg
Ahhh.. Thanks yes I must've not realised they were talking about the headphones. Damn Sony's naming conventions!!

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #2,184 of 2,999
Well, could I take the opportunity to ask about the WF XM4's ANC? While my 75t's are ok with cancelling low, steady noises, it really struggles with higher pitch noises, like traffic. As in with ANC on when around traffic, I still have to turn the volume up to compensate. How are the XM4 TWS in this regard?

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #2,185 of 2,999
Well, could I take the opportunity to ask about the WF XM4's ANC? While my 75t's are ok with cancelling low, steady noises, it really struggles with higher pitch noises, like traffic. As in with ANC on when around traffic, I still have to turn the volume up to compensate. How are the XM4 TWS in this regard?
Fine to me but like with talking you are not in a cone of silence

Feb 11, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #2,186 of 2,999
Been having an issue every couple weeks where the right earbud does not charge. Discovered this when the right earbud died on me while the left was practically full. Chalked it up to not putting them back in the case well. Happened again. Started being more careful putting them back in, but it happened again. Anybody else experience this?

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #2,187 of 2,999
Been having an issue every couple weeks where the right earbud does not charge. Discovered this when the right earbud died on me while the left was practically full. Chalked it up to not putting them back in the case well. Happened again. Started being more careful putting them back in, but it happened again. Anybody else experience this?
1 of the buds sometimes say 0% charge and touch pad dont work when taking them out of the case. But just putting the effective bud back in the case, shutting the lid and starting again fixes the problem.

Feb 11, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #2,188 of 2,999
1 of the buds sometimes say 0% charge and touch pad dont work when taking them out of the case. But just putting the effective bud back in the case, shutting the lid and starting again fixes the problem.

Interesting. When I discovered the bud was not charged each time, I was already out walking my dog so did not test this. Just got home and threw them back in the case.

Just on with Sony chat, they are sending me a new pair.

Feb 11, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #2,190 of 2,999
The effected bud still works fine when this happens but without the touchpad working

Well the problem is I put on my buds, leave the house to walk the dog, and the right bud dies 5 minutes into the walk. I don't have the case with me when I just go to walk the dog for 45 minutes. It's quite annoying.

Turns out I have to send my pair back, then Sony will send me a brand new pair. Annoying but it is what it is. I'll just use my Senn MTW2 in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back