Sony WF-1000X discussion thread: Truly wireless IEM with Active Noise Cancelling!
Aug 18, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #466 of 502
In my experience, the NC makes a significant difference, no matter which tips you use, provided they fit to your ears. I have used the stock foam tips and they are fine, but somewhat bulky. The comply tips fits my ears better and do give additional passive isolation, but when you add NC, the sound becomes better to my ears.

The ANC, for me, provides the most benefit when traveling in a noisy vehicle, especially in an airplane. Passive isolation helps, of course, but the ANC can really knock down a lot of the "droning" noise. I haven't tried my WF-1000XM3 yet while traveling, but it has helped in the open office/cubicle environment I have to deal with at work. The full size WH-1000XM3 made both plane and train travel much more tolerable on my last vacation.

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #467 of 502
Well unfortunately most reviews aren't really reviews, more like impressions - they just play with it and do a write-up or video and then move on to the next product. So not surprised at all.

It kinda makes sense that DSEE would only work with EQ off. It's already messing with the signal, so that would be messing with it twice, which at that point you may be listening to something much different than originally recorded in my opinion, lol.

Actually it is pretty amazing thinking about how much the original signal gets messed with until finally getting to the end user. Firstly compressed by the music streamer, then compressed through the BT stream, then w/e EQ the wireless headphone applies.
I don't have the WF-1000XM3, but I do have the over ear 1000XM2 and 1000XM3 and leave DSEE off. To my ears, it adds a sheen of "digitization" to the sound, while it sounds more organic turned off.

Aug 18, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #468 of 502
Picked up a pair of the WF-1000XM3 last week and I am quite impressed with them. NC is VERY good and the sound isn't as thick/sloppy as the WH1000M3 full sized headphones. Just some initial impressions so far. Bluetooth connectivity is spot on and they sound pretty darn good overall.
How's the call quality? What about lack of volume controls? Has that impacted your specific routine? Looking to give them a try and curious on some of those impressions.

Also, have you tested out the Sony WI-C600N? Those also have 6mm drivers, but I think they sound great. The ANC on those, however, is not very good.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #469 of 502
I don't have the WF-1000XM3, but I do have the over ear 1000XM2 and 1000XM3 and leave DSEE off. To my ears, it adds a sheen of "digitization" to the sound, while it sounds more organic turned off.

Great, appreciate the feedback. I had planned to turn it off when I can get a pair (US stock is all backordered right now). Good to know there isn't a disadvantage to turning it off.

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #471 of 502
Has an owner of the WF1000MX3 been able to compare them to the Libratone Track AIR+ with the built-in QC5120 ANC ? Thanks !

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #472 of 502
I know this is the sony thread but can some one plz give a very objective comparison of the mx3 and the senn momentums....mostly regarding sound quality/ bass and loudness....i just can't make up my mind so plz help me decide

Sep 11, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #473 of 502
I know this is the sony thread but can some one plz give a very objective comparison of the mx3 and the senn momentums....mostly regarding sound quality/ bass and loudness....i just can't make up my mind so plz help me decide

I found the Senn's a bit better sounding with slightly tighter bass and better defined treble. That said, the constant charging ON of them that just continued to drain the battery drove me nuts...so I sold them. With NC on, the Sony's isolate better for flights too. Overall I think the WF-1000XM3's are the best truly wireless earphones I've tried.

Sep 13, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #475 of 502
for $50, is the old 1000x still worth grabbing, instead of the chifi wireless earbuds..

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #476 of 502
for $50, is the old 1000x still worth grabbing, instead of the chifi wireless earbuds..
YES!!!
But where can you get them that cheap??

Sep 13, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #477 of 502
YES!!!
But where can you get them that cheap??
its at a sony flagship store here at Malaysia, i think it's a display unit, but on close view doesnt seem any usage degradation

maybe also because sony are "made in malaysia" so price dump can go lower (?)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #479 of 502

Users who are viewing this thread

Back