1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony walkman Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by gerelmx1986, Mar 14, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
  1. colonelkernel8
    Sorry, my mistake, I got it working :)

2. gerelmx1986
    USING AN EXTERNAL COVER ART PICTURE INSTEAD OF EMBEDDING IT TO EACH FILE TO SAVE UP SPACE (starting with FW 3.0)

1. Select the folders of your albums in windows explorer and rightclick and chosose MP3TAG
    step01.png
    2. In MP3TAG select all of your files and choce the quick actions icon

step02.png
    3. Under quick actions menu, choose Export cover to file option
    step03.png
    4. Under the export to file dialog, in the File format string type in %_directory% and click OK
    step04.png
    5. Click on the left on the square part with a CD icon or your covert art, right click and choose remove cover and click the diskette icon to save changes
    step05.png

purk likes this.
  3. Soundizer
    Hello all,

My Music is in AIFF losses format on a Apple iMac Computer.
    All AIFF files are from CD’s I own.

I will use the Walkman as a Music Transport to my Sony TA-Z1HES.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR BEST QUALITY?
    CAN I JUST COPY THE AIFF FILES INTO THE WALKMAN OR SHOULD I RIP THE CD’S AGAIN USING A DIFFERENT FORMAT AND IF SO SHOULD I USE SONY WALKMAN SOFTWARE?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  4. Krutsch
    It would help to know which Walkman you are using. For me, with an NW-A55, I just directly copy my AIFF library onto the Walkman's microSD card.

I do this on macOS using something called M3Unify from Dougscripts: https://dougscripts.com/apps/m3unifyapp.php

You just export a playlist (or selection of albums and tracks) directly from iTunes to your Walkman storage. There are transcoding options, the ability to export cover art, folder organization options and it will build an M3U playlist that the Walkman can read. Works great.

5. Redcarmoose
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Soundizer likes this.
  6. gerelmx1986
    No need to rerip CDs unless some of your albums contain damaged tracks

7. Soundizer

Thank you.

8. Fishdo
    Would anyone know how you can get the WM1A to recognise playlists?

I have tried using Music Brainz and tagging all my tracks and then putting them in my playlist folder but the dap will show no playlists... it shows the tracks in everything else, artist song album genre release etc but there is nothing in playlists...

I am using a MacBook Pro for transferring and have tried to use the music transfer download but it just keeps crashing and reopening and crashing... it did work for a short while but even in that I couldn’t get it to read my playlists...

I don’t want to use iTunes as I want to keep my music as Flac files... I have found a lot of ways to transfer playlists using windows but nothing I can use for a Mac....

Could anyone advise what I am doing wrong or not doing at all please?

Thanks

9. gerelmx1986
    search this thread there is i fo about this topic

10. Fishdo
    Thanks mate your information and tips are great but I kept trying your tip earlier but it seems I didn’t have my playlists associated with a text file or m3u extension...

So now hopefully your tip will work...

Thanks again mate

11. Fishdo
    Hi mate

So I have created the m3u text files for each of my playlists, the m3u text file is in each of the playlist folders...

I have copied everything over and went to check the WM Playlists option from the menu and all the playlists titles show up... but there are no songs in the playlists or rather aren’t showing up from those playlists.

So I followed what you suggested to do earlier... I went to WM on Mac and selected music and then selected one of the playlists folder then I found the m3u file inside that playlist and opened using text editor... the text window opened and I selected Edit (from the top bar) and there isn’t an option to replace I cannot see any option for anything similar either...

Am I placing the text files in the right place? Ie in the playlist folder along with the tracks?

And is your example for adding/ replacing with 2 dots done on a windows computer and if so do you know how to do that same process on the Mac please?

Thanks again I am nearly there ...

12. gerelmx1986
    Odd thay mac text editor doesn't has a replace function, try to see if it has a find text function. The two dots works as it is agnostic of drive letter

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8