Sony Walkman Thread: 2022 Successors to the WM1A & WM1Z
Feb 10, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #586 of 1,079
Ha! I tried the DX300 not too long ago against the Kann Alpha from AK, and the DX300 sounded lifeless and boring, I went with the AK Kann Alpha instead. Waiting to try these new sony daps in person for that next upgrade, I only listen to the MDR-Z1R full size, I sold all the other cans.
imho the TA-ZH1ES is the ultimate match for them, but it's not portable. If you want something portable that sounds as close to it as possible, it would be the WM1ZM2

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #587 of 1,079
imho the TA-ZH1ES is the ultimate match for them, but it's not portable. If you want something portable that sounds as close to it as possible, it would be the WM1ZM2
All I wanted to hear, thanks :gs1000smile:

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #589 of 1,079
So why other devices are? I think that it would be nice to have a confirmation from Sony if the new model will have the EU capp, because besides being a shoot on theyr foot in the supersonido.es a Spanish store site it says the specs are the real ones 60 mw se and 250 mw in balanced and for exemple the 507 model in the spec says 1.1mw of power, (the power is really capped!!) that gives me hope that Sony has wake up and realize that we can choose if we want to get deaf or not, that is why the volume control exists

Because the DMP-Z1 is not considered as a personal music player according to the definition

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/MEMO_09_418

What are personal music players?

For the purposes of this mandate, "personal music players" are defined as battery-powered consumer electronic devices that play music through headphones or earphones and allow the user to walk around while listening. They can reproduce music at high sound levels without distortion and are very widely used, especially by young people. Mobile phones which can play music through headphones or earphones are also considered as personal music players.

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #590 of 1,079
Don’t be offended, but as far as AndroidOS is going and DAP technologies. I think Ibasso Dx300 is years ahead. SOC Snapdragon 660 and 6Gb RAM, Quad DAC, FPGA Master, Dual Batteries and Dual Power Supplies, Dual Operation Systems of Android and MangoOS (Linux based dedicated OS), modular Amplifier modules with Discrete Super Class A architecture that offers 8.3Vrms output with Balanced True Line Out .

Also Real world FLAC playback upto 96Khz out of Balanced port is 16 hours
The best is not what components it uses or test results. It's how does it sound.

Then it comes down to you want a technically superior product or a musical one?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #591 of 1,079
I am guessing the huge FTCAP3 used as a piwer delibery replaces the baggie-like aupercap that is found sincezx2 to wm1A/z original and DMP x2 (one for each AK4497)

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #592 of 1,079
I am guessing the huge FTCAP3 used as a piwer delibery replaces the baggie-like aupercap that is found sincezx2 to wm1A/z original and DMP x2 (one for each AK4497)

It's a large solid high polymer capacitor, and not one of the FTCAP3s.

1644527998900.png

Feb 10, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #593 of 1,079
Try GSX mini and you will like it even more. I have the TA-ZH1ES and to my ears the Z1R sounded better out of the GSX mini.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #596 of 1,079
It's a large solid high polymer capacitor, and not one of the FTCAP3s.

It actually is. I wasn't sure too and just looked it up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220210-223147.png
    Screenshot_20220210-223147.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #598 of 1,079
I will absolutely get it. I know it's stupid and unreasonable but I don't care. This is an piece of art made from people with an unhealthy amount of dedication.

Sony products are so unique with their over the top and unnecessary amount of overengineering.

You don't buy the WM1Z(M2) because you're sane but because you have as much dedication for sound as the people who made it

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #599 of 1,079
I will absolutely get it. I know it's stupid and unreasonable but I don't care. This is an piece of art made from people with an unhealthy amount of dedication.

Sony products are so unique with their over the top and unnecessary amount of overengineering.

You don't buy the WM1Z(M2) because you're sane but because you have as much dedication for sound as the people who made it
Totally agree but already having a Nayparm modded 1Z that I love there is no way I can justify to my self (let alone my wife) to buy one

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #600 of 1,079
Totally agree but already having a Nayparm modded 1Z that I love there is no way I can justify to my self (let alone my wife) to buy one
Same here, as kuch i am curious on the new kids on the block. I cant justify buying one, l t alone my Huaband being angry that i got the DMP-Z1 hich i qm wnjoying a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back