Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Apr 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #331 of 422
Still no word on the American release date yet? I really need this player! Hopefully this comes out before the new ipod touch.

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #332 of 422
Well the FCC website has the embargo on the info and etc until may 6th I believe, so either sony will release more info during the first week of may, on may 6th or afterwards?

regardless, I am waiting for the non-marble like colour to debut in canada.

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #333 of 422
Same here in the UK, don't know what Sony are thinking really, it's one thing to try this marble finish, but when it launches here in the UK the only choice is this (not to my taste by what i have seen so far) marble effect, which would of been fine if there was more choice in finish from the start, but there is not.

Just know that Sony will eventually bring the other finishes out within time, but i am going on holiday in Septmeber and want it for then, so ideally i need Sony to release more finish choice's by then.

Hope Sony sort this issue out, as after all it may be just the finish, but when i will be spending approx £250 for this i want it to be perfect in all aspect's.

I remember my old Sony MZ-E10 10th Anniversary edition minidisc walkman which was done in a polished magnesium silver finish which felt very profesional in looks and feel. Just wish the new X series could have that sort of high level finish.

Listening Sony?? (hope so!)

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #334 of 422
FYI - I was going to import the NW-1060/BI (the black ice color), and was told it was sold out at SonyStyle Japan. Not sure if it's permanent and you will only be able to get black and red.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #335 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI - I was going to import the NW-1060/BI (the black ice color), and was told it was sold out at SonyStyle Japan. Not sure if it's permanent and you will only be able to get black and red.

That Suck's! if that turn's out ot be the case...

I feel from Sony past experiences is when the product has had it's initial release and they have sold "X" amount and sale's have settled a bit or died down a few month's to a year later they then make other colour's available to keep the sale's figures turning over.

So before you know it the machine you rushed out to buy initialy when it was released even though the colour/finish is not to your taste, they then bring out the finish/colour you wanted all along!

So annoying as i never have the patience to hold on and wait for them to bring out a wider colour choice (not in term of months anyhow) and
I don't buy all that different market trend's in various contries all been different to one another hence certain colours/finish only get released in that country.

This forum has proved there enough people from various countires who do not like the marble effect but like the Ice black version which is only available to the Style shop in Japan, it should be around the other way with the Ice finish being the primary flagahip model around the globe and the marble version a special Style only version.
Can only hope the Ice become's available as a exclusive to Sony only stores here in the UK like has happened on previous occasion's.

Another example with Sony is i am very interested in the new Cybershot T90 camera which is their new flagship compact model and the UK spec colour's will be available in Silver, Black & Red and the Brown colour i really want - NO, that is available in other countires apart from England officially and what makes me laugh with tears of disspair is the sister model (T90) & lesser feature packed model (T77) are available in a Brown colour, officially here in the uK.

I just find it ironic that every time i go for a model by Sony in the finish i like they never "officially" stock that colour here in the UK but always manage to do it in the colour i want on another model in the range. Blimmin' Crazy
confused.gif

I find it strange and bizaar how they do work it out.
I am sure they do it just to P*** me off!

Sony's new motto should be; You can't live with them, but you can't live without them!

I do love the old Sony's really, just so frustrating they do a lot of thing's right in excacution that other companies envy, but let them selve's down in what i feel are more common sense area's they should get right first time that would really set them apart and then really damage Apple sales!

After all that i will most probably still buy the horrid marble effect version!
(just hoping it looks better in the flesh?)

k701smile.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #336 of 422
p.s. never liked the red finish they do on anything they have ever done also!

May 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #337 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no word on the American release date yet? I really need this player! Hopefully this comes out before the new ipod touch.

Save yourself the wait and get the UK version
biggrin.gif
You usually can get them cheaper (advanced mp3) even with the weak ass dollar. I know I can't wait!

May 2, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #338 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save yourself the wait and get the UK version
biggrin.gif
You usually can get them cheaper (advanced mp3) even with the weak ass dollar. I know I can't wait!

Been thinking about doing that, just wish I didn't have school to pay for.

May 3, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #340 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by hurryup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are these DAPs going to cost when they come out in the US?

The model costs equivalent $400 in Japan and looks to cost about the same in UK so I'd wager that that could be expected to be the maximum likely cost for the US.

May 3, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #341 of 422
The 32GB is about $500 in Japan, not $400. It'll probably be $400 in the US since it is a bit different (i.e. no one seg TV tuner, US doesn't have gapless/ATRAC support, etc.)

May 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #342 of 422
Well in an effort to spare my wallet.

I'll be waiting on this for a while. Or at least until the price is confirmed/drops and by then maybe some more color options will be available.

And I know Sony isn't too keen on doing FW updates on their PMP's (usually done right the first time,) but waiting till any kinks and issues get worked out as well.

May 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #343 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their consumer department seems to be doing fine right now. They still need to get some form of lossless codec on this though.'...'

With Sony use .WAV format for lossless - i can hear difference, if to directly compared with lossy compressed files, with my Sony 818

PS! Did'nt looked, before quotation, that WAV format suggestion was later already covered!

May 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #344 of 422
Dharma, walkingman and others wish for a form of lossless because they want a compresssed format. Uncompressed WAV files are to big and battery intensive. The Sony has no expansion and very good but not great battery life. 32GB and 33hours(based on MP3) battery life won't be quite good enough for many people around here to want to use WAV. They want smaller files that use less juice like FLAC etc.

May 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #345 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 32GB is about $500 in Japan, not $400. It'll probably be $400 in the US since it is a bit different (i.e. no one seg TV tuner, US doesn't have gapless/ATRAC support, etc.)

My bad.....that is the right info. I was getting numbers from the article I read confused with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back