Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
May 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #346 of 422
I spoke with a Sony Rep today at work and he said that the player was going to be due out in the states in June (either mid or late).

When I told him the rumor was that the release was in May, he said that late May would be the earliest, but he thought it would more than likely come out in June.

That's all I have for the Rumor Mill.

Nylan

May 4, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #347 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spoke with a Sony Rep today at work and he said that the player was going to be due out in the states in June (either mid or late).

When I told him the rumor was that the release was in May, he said that late May would be the earliest, but he thought it would more than likely come out in June.

That's all I have for the Rumor Mill.

Nylan

I thought the latest news was that the May release date was for the UK, and the US release date was for July. But I've given up knowing what to believe since there's a different rumour round every corner
confused_face.gif

Mind you, I think June was supposed to be the original US release date, and March was supposed to be the UK release date, but that was before all the delays set in, and now I'm not even sure what I read or where I read it anymore. Thank you Sony
angry_face.gif

May 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #348 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With Sony use .WAV format for lossless - i can hear difference, if to directly compared with lossy compressed files, with my Sony 818

PS! Did'nt looked, before quotation, that WAV format suggestion was later already covered!

Here's the irony ... if people hadn't complained so much about SonicStage (which wasn't bad after v2.1, and was stable 2.3 on), you'd have ATRAC lossless like they have on the Japanese model.

May 4, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #349 of 422
What is the file size like with ATRAC lossless compared to FLAC?

May 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #350 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, really Sony? Wait until Apple announce a new iPhone so all gadget blogs and news will not bother with the Walkman? Plus there's the Palm Pre too. Good job at marketing Sony, considering Japan already got their X series.
rolleyes.gif

May 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #351 of 422
Yeah Sony lost its course during recent years. Although we have Sonyeuroasia in Turkey, we still are yet to see X1 released here.

May 4, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #353 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by S J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Engadget got a 16gb sample and posted up a bunch of new pictures... their impressions to come soon...

Engadget

They did say the screen was the best yet though, better than the OLED on the Cowon S9

They have the Japanese NW model. Engadget seems to be confused all the time and got mixed up between the NW and NWZ models.

May 4, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #354 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by S J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Engadget got a 16gb sample and posted up a bunch of new pictures... their impressions to come soon...

Engadget

They did say the screen was the best yet though, better than the OLED on the Cowon S9

Nice find! on the video on the article the guy was scrolling through the pictures and he was like "oh god" when he got to the orchid one I think. It's like the screen quality shocked him, LOL
icon10.gif

http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/04/s...1050-hands-on/

It's near the end, I can't wait to get this in my grubby hands!

May 4, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #355 of 422
Sony dealers got'em up at their sites now(Turkey),indicating "coming soon". Darn I'm starting to feel the heat.

May 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #356 of 422
It's so cute, it even has its own sleeping bag!

sony1-1.jpg

And the speckledy dandruff effect doesn't look so bad in the Engadget pics, it's mainly on the sides.

May 5, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #357 of 422
well, i got to use one yesterday - fun and quite sturdy - much sturdier than even the 800 series which was quite good. the interface is cute, but not exactly that great to use, but it will have fans for sure. as for sound - i did not have my q-jays... shucks.

May 5, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #358 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i got to use one yesterday - fun and quite sturdy - much sturdier than even the 800 series which was quite good. the interface is cute, but not exactly that great to use, but it will have fans for sure. as for sound - i did not have my q-jays... shucks.

Hey Shig, did the screen appear to be glass? You didn't even take a quick listen with the sony buds ?

May 5, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #359 of 422
Shigz! You can't come here and tease us like this, it's so cruel! You must have had a sneaky listen with the supplied phones. Did it sound like crap?? Is that why you're staying quiet
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back