Sony Walkman NWZ-X1000 (UK out NOW, US version out mid-June)
Apr 20, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #301 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefighter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Among all 3 players I have, my 828 has the best sound q. So, I have no doubt that the new series will be the new king for Sony(Sound quality wise). I do not care much for other specs. as long as it sounds fantastic.

Do you think your 828 sounds better than your D2?I'm assuming yes since it's up for sale.

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #302 of 422
I had the A808, A818 and the new S639, I honestly think they all sounded almost identical. With the s639 producing less hiss with sensitive iems and having a touch more detail. The older S series (S610) that was partner to the a818 and the E-series did sound a little worse to me, but still better than most.

Never heard the bigger screen model though. I think the sony sound has been getting more neutral (for a sony) and cleaner/more detailed but still with that sony sound. The new S639 has very little frequency variance and very little noise. It doesn't have that built in sony "coloring" that the older sony's had, which to me is a good thing.

Sony NWZ-S738F Walkman MP3 Player Lab Tests. - PC World

Test results for A818

Sony NWZ-A818 Walkman MP3 Player Lab Tests. - PC World

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #303 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think your 828 sounds better than your D2?I'm assuming yes since it's up for sale.

Yes it does, for my ears at least. D2 sound too processed for me. But I have to admit that my 120gb İpod classic sounds most naturel. But still I love the sound signature of my 828, yes it sounds more processed than the ipod but not as much as the D2.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh!! I love my sony naked but sounds even better with fiio E5...
happy_face1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #304 of 422
i am looking to buy a mp3 player. i want to know will the x-1000 will sound better or similar to s739?? my main priority is sound quality. what are your views about cowon s9 and samsung p3's SQ??

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #305 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by viv_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am looking to buy a mp3 player. i want to know will the x-1000 will sound better or similar to s739?? my main priority is sound quality. what are your views about cowon s9 and samsung p3's SQ??

Well i might be a little biased(as if that never happens here)
wink_face.gif
but the S9 sounds awesome.It has a fully customizable 5 band equalizer and other EQ effects to taylor the sound to your liking.There has been mention of "bass roll off" but that can easily fixed with the right settings.It has an fantastic vivid video screen with AMOLED(active matrix organic light emitting diode) technology.The X1000 has basicaly the same OLED screen but without the "AM".The X1000 supposedly sounds fantastic also and it looks like their IEMs are top notch.Pricing is 16GB for $299.The 16GB S9 is $239.The P3 has also gotten favourable reviews,but review articles have picked the S9 over the P3.

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #309 of 422
Apr 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #310 of 422
Thanks for the link. I just read it, didn't understand a word of it... Google-translated it... still didn't understand a word of it, but I'm pretty sure that the reviewer used the Sony EX700 with the 'X' series, and nothing else.

See laughable Google translation below
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

I go out and get lucky or evil depends on the source and the headphones. NW-X1060 MDR-EX90SL. NW-X1060 is a lot to choose them, and say from the first MDR-EX90SL headphones were too probes. MZ-RH1, MDR-EX90SL NW-X1060 MDR-EX700SL MZ-RH1 and MDR-EX90SL are a great combination it was,
for the NW-X1060 duo will be made in the Sony MDR-EX700SL.
MDR-EX700SL MDR-EX700SL have such strength, I was shocked honestly.I bought one as I did not close one's worth (laughs)

Well, I had the EX700 for a very very short time, and remember they were too bright sounding, even with my warm A829. If the reviewer had used the Turbines, Atrios or IE8 for example, he'd probably have got a totally different impression. Still, he seemed to like it though, that's something
smile_phones.gif

P.S It [size=medium]STINKS[/size] that there's still 5 weeks to go
mad.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #311 of 422
I've almost given up on this. In fact I almost bought an Xperia X1 instead, until I found out about the cracking issues. Now the X1000 is back on my to buy list, but we will see if Sony makes do on the release date.

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #312 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've almost given up on this. In fact I almost bought an Xperia X1 instead, until I found out about the cracking issues. Now the X1000 is back on my to buy list, but we will see if Sony makes do on the release date.

Where did you re-order it from? Last time I looked, Amazon had updated the release date to May 31st and play.com still had the 30th April listed. Oh, and if you know someone who works for BT, ask them to buy it for you so you can use their staff discount
tongue_smile.gif

I can get the 32GB model for around £235 now!

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #313 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can get the 32GB model for around £235 now!

Good deal there! My pre-order at Amazon hasn't changed since March. I almost cancelled it, but I am leaving it as is first as I still have doubts about the release date by play.com. Every Sony Style store I spoke to expects them "around May"... It's not I'll be able to enjoy them anyway as I'll be very busy this next couple of weeks!
triportsad.gif

Any Japanese Head-fi'er has them already? Come on!

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #314 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good deal there! My pre-order at Amazon hasn't changed since March. I almost cancelled it, but I am leaving it as is first as I still have doubts about the release date by play.com. Every Sony Style store I spoke to expects them "around May"... It's not I'll be able to enjoy them anyway as I'll be very busy this next couple of weeks!
triportsad.gif

Well, I now have 3 orders placed at Play.com, Amazon UK and BT. Someone has to get them in first, so I'll just go with that and cancel the others even the price IS more. There's no way in hell that I'm waiting a second longer than I have to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back