Sony SA3000 vs SA5000 vs Qualia 010
Mar 16, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #76 of 80
Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I couldn't help commenting on those pics ... Wow! That really sucks, Jason!! Did you get them back from Sony yet?

And what's this I hear about the Qualias being discontinued? Just when I got a new job and talked my wife into letting me buy a pair ...
rolleyes.gif

(btw, good to see you're still posting, Jason!! Wish you were still here ... )

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #77 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I couldn't help commenting on those pics ... Wow! That really sucks, Jason!! Did you get them back from Sony yet?

And what's this I hear about the Qualias being discontinued? Just when I got a new job and talked my wife into letting me buy a pair ...
rolleyes.gif

(btw, good to see you're still posting, Jason!! Wish you were still here ... )

Hey man, long time! How's it going mate??

Heh you should get a pair while you can. I did get mine fixed and back and they're all fine. Kinda worried since Hirsch mentioned his breaking twice...

Anyhow, I think I'm headed back to Tokyo for a few weeks in May, before I start the summer job. We ought to meet up and get some yakiniku!

Best,

-Jason

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #78 of 80
ooh yakiniku. i'm heading there again in two weeks. do you guys know of any good yakiniku places to suggest? last summer i found a stand up bbq pork parts place behind shinjuku station and a similar place near shinbashi station.

Dec 25, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #80 of 80
I still enjoy my cd3k's.. They are the best headphones I've heard with electronica music, in other categories I think HD650 beats them. It's just the way the cd3k's sound.. their big sound stage, detailed highs, quick and airy bass that makes them perfect for that kind of music. I'm really interested in hearing SA5k's, hope they drop in price because the current price tag is bit over my budget... And I already have two pair of what I would call expensive headphones, but some people spend 10 times more on theirs so who am I to talk
tongue.gif
i have sa1k and sa 5k and i find the imaging of sa1k to sound better with trance/electronic music best because everything is airier and the treble headspace is very present, airy and transparent. headphones like hd800 and gs2000e fails in this imaging attempt offering only a bright nasaling treble without the extenston of real headspace clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back