Sony Qualia 010 Owner's Club
Dec 21, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #141 of 172
Quote: What's the surgery called that enables you to lick your elbow? I've been simultaneously training for a marathon and to lick my own elbow, and frankly the marathon is way easier.

Are you trying to get people to see if they can lick their own elbow? Because it worked...So close too..like maybe two inches..

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #143 of 172
Can anyone of you make a YouTube video Review of the Quality 010?

Oct 4, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #144 of 172
There seem to be a few other "clubs" scattered 'round the head-fi summit, so I thought I'd make one for past and present Qualia owners, as well as anyone with general interested in them.

Though they're not without their flaws and idiosyncrasies, these headphones remain one of my all-time personal favorites. In fact they're one of the few flagships for which I'd consider buying a backup pair at some point in the future. For me they represent the pinnacle of a particular kind of headphone species, those that adhere to a highly analytical and exacting---albeit slightly artificial---approach to rendering sound. I feel that Qualia is almost unrivaled when it comes to its spatial capabilities, its pin-point imaging and instrument separation. Instruments and voices sound to me as though they are genuinely present. Hauntingly so.

Not to mention they're just damn sexy. That's my pair, by the way. : P
Really digging on the look of these! very cool!

Oct 4, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #145 of 172
The design inspired many legendary headphones, the HD800 being the most famous.

Oct 5, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #146 of 172
Nice bump timing :)
We just got a pair of these! only 2nd one we have ever had. Also in photo: Mytek Empire #3, and Dan Clark Expanse (fantastic)

headamp-sony-qualia-010-dan-clark-expanse-mytek-empire.jpg

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 24, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #147 of 172
oh wow i am so fascinated by these headphones!
unfortunately, having never listened to them, I ask myself many questions, reading your reviews regarding the qualia.
a vast soundstage (the most open perhaps?), a pinpoint position of the instruments, the best high frequencies in the world of headphones...
I ask you, the gurus who own them, and who have the opportunity to compare them with the latest TOTL stax, hifiman, sennheiser, etc.
Is the spatiality of the qualia 010 still superior to the stax 9000? I own a pair and I've never had a headset more open than the stax...
is it possible that despite having a dynamic driver they are really as detailed as many of you say?(I had an r10 and it's deliciously one of the best I've ever had, but I would never give the r10 the crown for detail).
I'm very curious because it's an extremely rare model, if not the rarest (it seems to me that Omega has 600 models) and almost no one known nothing about this ghost, which a select few can enjoy.
is it a headphone at the levels of today's summit fi and oldest?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #148 of 172
@kiling92
It's a great collector item and a must-own collector item. But. There's a huge but...

It's one of the worst legendary headphones out for sound, fit, and driver reliability. It has too many cons.
Examples, treble problems, to fit issues, to driver matching, and soon-to-be dead drivers. The drivers are more prone to failure than R10s drivers.

The pros are its limited to #250 units, (not the rarest, but damn rare) its the first HD800 type of headphone and all copycats are losers because Qualia did it first. :p

Sony R10s drivers will last until the year 2100. Not many people know about this. It's a little secret :p

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #149 of 172
@kiling92
It's a great collector item and a must-own collector item. But. There's a huge but...

It's one of the worst legendary headphones out for sound, fit, and driver reliability. It has too many cons.
Examples, treble problems, to fit issues, to driver matching, and soon-to-be dead drivers. The drivers are more prone to failure than R10s drivers.

The pros are its limited to #250 units, (not the rarest, but damn rare) its the first HD800 type of headphone and all copycats are losers because Qualia did it first. :p

Sony R10s drivers will last until the year 2100. Not many people know about this. It's a little secret :p
Thanks a lot for the answer! :) if we talk about sound quality you just told me about the high frequencies, what's wrong with them? Could they be metallic? the other defects you described to me are not inherent to the sound quality, although I agree; I have a legend that you know that it can die at any moment, it doesn't cheer you up... who knows why they die like this for no reason... I believe, and indeed, I'm almost certain, that the owners treat it in the best possible way to preserve it.
if i ask you which modern headphone could remind you of qualia..what would be your answer?and above all..to make this nomination...it is only linked to the fact that there are few of them in circulation or there is something in this headphone that excels? for the r10 we know very well what its immortal point is; the mids, the voices.. it is the only headset that is able to reproduce the voices with a realism that begins to deviate from simply having "a very high resolution"

Dec 24, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #150 of 172
Remind you of qualia

Sony has a lot of those.

R10 =CD3000
F1=MA900
Qualia=SA5000
etch...

Sony MDR SA5000 is like 80% the Qualia. Search one down, or the SA3000/1000 but these ones are lower tier models.
HD800 is a copycat of the Qualia. And a fake version to say the least. But in another way the HD800 can be tuned to being amazing and better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back