Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Mar 20, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #601 of 626
I have a question, if I order the PHA-1 from B&H will it be the english version versus ordering from Amazon through a seller from Japan that sells the Japanese version....or are their only Japanese versions?

Does it really make a difference? Mine was shipped from Japan and has English text on the unit in white.
There really isn't much to get lost on. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #603 of 626
Folks,

I'm looking at getting the PHA-1 mainly for use as an amp from my FiiO X3 (1st gen) line out, and apart from its obvious feature set, would it be a clear step up from FiiO E12 A as a stand alone amp?

Since the online price is currently about 250 USD, I'm thinking of giving it a go. Would appreciate any better performing amp suggestions around this price point as well.

Thanks & Cheers 

May 1, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #604 of 626
As an amp? Not really, but it would sound better as the full dac amp from a pc.

The X3 should be a decent unit, don't get too worked up on improvements. You will hear differences more than improvements.

May 1, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #605 of 626
As an amp? Not really, but it would sound better as the full dac amp from a pc.

The X3 should be a decent unit, don't get too worked up on improvements. You will hear differences more than improvements.

Thanks for your inputs.

I do want a slightly different sonic character to the sound out of the X3; preferably a wider soundstage, and a tighter bass response. I do understand the X3 2nd gen improves greatly in this regard, as far as I've read online so far, but I don't intend to purchase it anyway. Hence my query about the E12A and PHA-1.

Thanks again

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #606 of 626
I have been using my PHA-1 with an Xperia Z1 compact for quite some time now.  Recently my phone upgraded Android to 5.02 and the Music App. Since then the music sent to my amp comes out flat sounding horrible with no possibility to use the Clear Audio option or the Equalizer?
Anybody else experience the same? 

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #610 of 626
Mine glows red until it's done charging, then it only turns on when the dial is turned on.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #613 of 626

Users who are viewing this thread

Back