Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Aug 16, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #616 of 626
I am thinking about a Sony portable DAC solely for usage at the gym.  I notice the newer ver. PHA 3 has a Toslink input, and my portable Sony Discman also have a fiber optic output.  If I
 were to buy a PHA 3 that connects a discman to it.  Would there be a noticeable difference in soft rock type of music?  such as Jennifer Rush or Celine Dion?

is there any shortcoming on these PHA?  other than the price

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #617 of 626
  I am thinking about a Sony portable DAC solely for usage at the gym.  I notice the newer ver. PHA 3 has a Toslink input, and my portable Sony Discman also have a fiber optic output.  If I
 were to buy a PHA 3 that connects a discman to it.  Would there be a noticeable difference in soft rock type of music?  such as Jennifer Rush or Celine Dion?

is there any shortcoming on these PHA?  other than the price

For that type of music and gym environment, just buy the SONY Walkman NWZ-A15.
Load in some Flac. files and be done with it. I don't know how people can work out with so much junk connected to them.

This DAP is also NFC so you could go 100% wireless. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #620 of 626
  For that type of music and gym environment, just buy the SONY Walkman NWZ-A15.
Load in some Flac. files and be done with it. I don't know how people can work out with so much junk connected to them.

This DAP is also NFC so you could go 100% wireless. 

What about the NWZE385? For $190 less it should be fine for the gym, don't know about nfc though.

Aug 27, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #621 of 626
Hi I need some help. My PHA-1 can't connect to my laptop. It says that the device is not recognised and that the 'last USB device  you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it'. Any help?
It works with my other android devices through USB OTG 

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #622 of 626
Did you connect to the charging port (not the iDevice port)? The full-sized USB port is purely for iDevices.

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #623 of 626
Of course, you have set the switch, too...

Aug 27, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #624 of 626
It shouldn't need a dedicated driver, as it only runs to 24/96.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back