Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #558 of 626
  Just bought a new camera case for 15 bucks on sale at Best Buy. Bought it for reason of putting my PHA-1 and it's equipment in there! Works like a charm.

This is a sweet case... Have been looking for something like this for a while, but can't find it at all!!!

My case for the PHA-1 is also a Lowepro, but very different than yours... 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/14445#post_11006750

How does your one look inside?

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #559 of 626

This is a sweet case... Have been looking for something like this for a while, but can't find it at all!!!

My case for the PHA-1 is also a Lowepro, but very different than yours... 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/14445#post_11006750

How does your one look inside?

It's cool. It doesn't have a extra outside pocket like yours though. It does have a inside pocket where I store all the wires. I recently ordered a iPod Nano 4th gen from eBay. Can't wait for it to arrive, it should fit inside the case just as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah it's also hard case on the outside. So no worries about bumping and dropping it.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #564 of 626
I ordered the Case Logic SLMC-201 Compact Systems Camera Small Kit Bag. Will post pictures when the Sony PHA-1 and headphones are delivered.

https://www.caselogic.com/en-us/us/products/camera/cases/compact-system-camera-small-kit-bag-_-slmc_-_201_-_black

Also is there a wall charger out there that will work with the PHA-1?

I find the ones that comes with the iPhone, charge the PHA-1 extremely slow, it's like what? 4w or 5w?. I have bought a iPad 12w wall charger from Best Buy and it charges the PHA-1 great. I find a problem charging with low wattage wall chargers, it tends to charge very slow and sometimes turns on and off while charging, the red charge light on the PHA-1 flickers and you know it ain't charging at it's best rate. So either use your laptop/desktop USB port to charge or buy a Apple iPad 12w charger. Also be careful, the newer iPad use 10w wall charger  while the old one uses 12w, make and check that you are buying the 12w one. 

Also nice bag, your link doesn't work but it says Caselogic SLMC 201 so I googled those words up and here is a working link. http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-SLMC-201-Compact-Systems/dp/B004OR14H8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1417016502&sr=8-6&keywords=caselogic+201&pebp=1417016525055

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #565 of 626
I find the ones that comes with the iPhone, charge the PHA-1 extremely slow, it's like what? 4w or 5w?. I have bought a iPad 12w wall charger from Best Buy and it charges the PHA-1 great. I find a problem charging with low wattage wall chargers, it tends to charge very slow and sometimes turns on and off while charging, the red charge light on the PHA-1 flickers and you know it ain't charging at it's best rate. So either use your laptop/desktop USB port to charge or buy a Apple iPad 12w charger. Also be careful, the newer iPad use 10w wall charger  while the old one uses 12w, make and check that you are buying the 12w one. 

Also nice bag, your link doesn't work but it says Caselogic SLMC 201 so I googled those words up and here is a working link. http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-SLMC-201-Compact-Systems/dp/B004OR14H8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1417016502&sr=8-6&keywords=caselogic+201&pebp=1417016525055

Im not sure why the link is not working, that's weird.
I'm happy with the choice of this case, it has a lot of compartments for storage and protection for the IPod and amp. I just want to say thanks to you guys for making me hunt for the perfect case, props.

Thanks, will do search for a 12w iPad charger.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #566 of 626
Question on the PHA-1 - Just bought a very nice example and am charging it - the little red light glows when hooked up to 110 - but how do you know when it is fully charged? Does the light turn green? Or does it go out? Or does it stay there glowing red and mocking me?

(My seller hasn't responded to a PM and the manual is in Japanese 
eek.gif
)

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #567 of 626
The red light goes out. This can take a while!

BTW, the English manual is available for download online (if I recall correctly, it's on their professional products site).

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #568 of 626
Thanks - the seller also PM'd me the info - while reading the English version, it gets fairly prickly about using the Sony USB cable for charging only - At first I was using a Jabra with proper micro USB end to charge it - then used a USB cable I had to hook up to my Mac to listen (had to switch the Midi Control to 96/24 in order for it to sound decent) - then I read the manual about using only the Sony USB - okay - it is hooked up to the Mac with their supplied USB - we will see if the light extinguishes....

Sounds decent so far - using UM Pro50's

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #570 of 626
Are you using the Mac to charge it? I suspect that could take a VERY long time. Much better to use a good USB PSU. Also, I believe that the PHA-1 will not charge whilst it is being used to listen when connected to a PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back