Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Oct 29, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #604 of 2,024
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #605 of 2,024
Quote:
It also depends on whether your MP3 is low-passed. A lot of people these days have a lowpass of like 20 or even 18kHz on their 320K MP3s and that is a lot of loss.

thank you 

I'm using Sm3 and I intend to change into 4.Ai or UE900, and I really wonder does this sony go right with my IEMs?
I've read all pages and found that only 2 or 3 people talking about hiss, cn11 doesn't meet any hiss with his F, however, Bokyung confirmed it hisses quite a bit
So, besides those two, if someone else already owned a sony F, please tell me that whether it hisses or not?

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #607 of 2,024
Quote:

I think he's building a personal army... We are the goons!

And what an army it would be...
wink_face.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #609 of 2,024
why 'Fat-Sam's Claret & Blue Army' of course (Turok is a closet West Ham supporter waiting to be outed) :bigsmile_face:

Are you sure?...we'll see....
So did you order the F?

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #612 of 2,024
The F Walkman has really grown on me.  The size is perfect and its lighting quick interface is super nice.  I think the Z has better hardware spec (more RAM) but the Gingerbread is holding it back.  

Oct 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #613 of 2,024
My portable set up is : Sony X1060 - ALO LOD - Pico Slim - Westone ES5 .. Will readers in this forum who have listened to both Sony X and Sony F series comment whether it is viable option for me to upgrade. Is the difference noticeable .. I love the sound of the combo i have and after reading 40 pages of this thread makes me wonder if i should upgrade .. Any thoughts ?

PC 

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #614 of 2,024
Quote:
My portable set up is : Sony X1060 - ALO LOD - Pico Slim - Westone ES5 .. Will readers in this forum who have listened to both Sony X and Sony F series comment whether it is viable option for me to upgrade. Is the difference noticeable .. I love the sound of the combo i have and after reading 40 pages of this thread makes me wonder if i should upgrade .. Any thoughts ?

PC 

The difference is very noticeable.  I have the X1060 and the F has better improvement across the board.  The headphone out alone will be nearly or just as good as the Pico Slim that I auditioned in the past.  You will likely won't use the Pico Slim afterward due to convenience.  

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #615 of 2,024
Quote:

The difference is very noticeable.  I have the X1060 and the F has better improvement across the board.  The headphone out alone will be nearly or just as good as the Pico Slim that I auditioned in the past.  You will likely won't use the Pico Slim afterward due to convenience.  

So if i read you correctly , there is no benefit from amping the F series as Headphone out is really that good .. How about Line out .. Is it the same as Sony X or better .. I am hoping to hear the difference when using line out if i am to buy the next gen Sony F 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back