Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Oct 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #586 of 2,024
Quote:

Yup.  Totally agree.  We all have to thank you for helping us getting the F walkman for a very reasonable price.  Yep, the clarity on the F is pretty superb.  I still think the A, F, and Z are on the same level soundwise.  Preference is the key here.

Thanks guys for sharing your impressions about differences between F/Z.

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #589 of 2,024
Quote:

like what purk describe, warmer sound would be X > Z > F, clarity wise would be the other way around.
all are from sony, same s master mx amp so on, won't say which is better but rather which you prefer.
personally, anything with a chip on it i would go for the latest otherwise i'll go for the classic.
beerchug.gif

I am glad I am not the only one getting that view. I have to admit I was expecting a very warm sound - the X series is the only Sony player I did listen to prior - and was somehow surprised to find the F to be so 'analytical'.
Saying this it sounds superb and I am getting very used to that sound signature!! The F series is everything you would expect from an Android player and is really responsive. Batterie life from me is consistently in the 20-22 hours which is very good considering it's with FLAC files exclusively and more often than not wi-fi is on and I am playing with the screen quite a bit!!!

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #590 of 2,024
Quote:

I am glad I am not the only one getting that view. I have to admit I was expecting a very warm sound - the X series is the only Sony player I did listen to prior - and was somehow surprised to find the F to be so 'analytical'.
Saying this it sounds superb and I am getting very used to that sound signature!! The F series is everything you would expect from an Android player and is really responsive. Batterie life from me is consistently in the 20-22 hours which is very good considering it's with FLAC files exclusively and more often than not wi-fi is on and I am playing with the screen quite a bit!!!

What impress me the most about the F is its ability to extract details and the clarity.  My one disappoint on the F is a slow USB transfer rate.  Not bad, but I found the A & Z walkman to have faster transfer rate.  Still it is much faster than the X though.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #591 of 2,024
I'm finding it very interesting to hear these early comparisons with the Z series, and even one with the A series. It seems from the descriptions that the F sort of straddles the line in between, sonically. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #593 of 2,024
Quote:
EX1000 and 600 goes pretty well with F. Sounds really spacious.

+1 on the EX1000, still one of my favorite iem..

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #594 of 2,024
Just bought the European F805 (gigabytes do not mean much to me as I tend to stick to a few number of albums at a time). Very pleased with the size and design and the sound is just as great as it was on my European Z1050. I also have the X1050. I'm by no means an audiophile, at least yet, so can't really make a comparison of SQ. I'm not noticing any hiss though, and as a surprise, the stock player actually plays gapless with FLAC. Really nice improvement from having no cover or tags for WAV files on the Z. I also love Android 4.0's option to disable apps that I don't like to see on the device, that way my menu is not crowded at all and only contains what I need in a music player. No more browsers, gmail or riptide demo! (They still exist on disk and take up space though)

Wonderful player that I've now paired with the MDR-1RNC.

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #596 of 2,024
 I just placed an application to Tenso.com for the purchase of F807 through Amazon Japan.
(I found out about tenso.com today after desperately trying to find F807..it's ridiculous not having 64gb version in Korea..anyways perhaps others are interested in this if they want the F807? Or maybe there are better options? It seemed real good after seeing 650USD listings on ebay..)

Anyways I wanted to make sure before I buy this thing if the Japanese version can be operated in English perfectly. Can the owner of the japanese version of this thing confirm this? (also it would be good to know if this thing supports Korean as I have couple Korean songs..)

I have waited so damn long to get a new DAP for my flac collection and I'm finally giving into this new player and I hope for the best. The reviews here helped a lot so thank you everyone on this thread!

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #597 of 2,024
Quote:
 I just placed an application to Tenso.com for the purchase of F807 through Amazon Japan.
(I found out about tenso.com today after desperately trying to find F807..it's ridiculous not having 64gb version in Korea..anyways perhaps others are interested in this if they want the F807? Or maybe there are better options? It seemed real good after seeing 650USD listings on ebay..)

Anyways I wanted to make sure before I buy this thing if the Japanese version can be operated in English perfectly. Can the owner of the japanese version of this thing confirm this? (also it would be good to know if this thing supports Korean as I have couple Korean songs..)

I have waited so damn long to get a new DAP for my flac collection and I'm finally giving into this new player and I hope for the best. The reviews here helped a lot so thank you everyone on this thread!

Yes for English,what are you doing still reading...go order it!

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #600 of 2,024
Quote:

what color are you looking for? i have1 black nwz-f807 64gb left

Users who are viewing this thread

Back