Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Sep 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #31 of 2,024
Quote:

I have the same problem with my Z1070 the 64gb is not enough.. I went for the extra gb because I wanted to go lossless, I got roughly 200 cd's onto it and about another 150 on my pc, I just swap the albums around when I fancy a change so it's no biggy in truth and I'm pretty sure that I can find something to tolerate listening to with what's on my WM-Z at the time... that said, I'm on the lookout for another Z1070.

Another Z1070...?  You gotta be kidding, but I entertained that thought in the past.  That pretty much the reason why I'll stay with Z1070 as the F series maxed out at 32 GB.  Will Sony ever do 128 GB Walkman?  I also dislike connecting the walkman to transfer unless really necessary as it may lessen the battery cycle.  Is this true?  Do you use Flac or Atrac Lossless on yours?

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #32 of 2,024
Quote:
Another Z1070...?  You gotta be kidding, but I entertained that thought in the past.  That pretty much the reason why I'll stay with Z1070 as the F series maxed out at 32 GB.  Will Sony ever do 128 GB Walkman?  I also dislike connecting the walkman to transfer unless really necessary as it may lessen the battery cycle.  Is this true?  Do you use Flac or Atrac Lossless on yours?

Atrac lossless is what I use via SonicStage, putting album cover work on every track is a bit of a pain but it's a simple task and worth it to me... I did buy a second WM-Z but it never worked out & I sent it back (condition was not what I expected but everything was done in a amicable way so I'm grateful)... so I'm still on a lookout.

I don't think it will be long before Sony release a player with a SD card, the main rivals are starting to offer them now.. maybe someone ought to give their development-team a DX100 and say 'you used to be the fore-runners, what went wrong guys?'

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #34 of 2,024
Quote:

Atrac lossless is what I use via SonicStage, putting album cover work on every track is a bit of a pain but it's a simple task and worth it to me... I did buy a second WM-Z but it never worked out & I sent it back (condition was not what I expected but everything was done in a amicable way so I'm grateful)... so I'm still on a lookout.

I don't think it will be long before Sony release a player with a SD card, the main rivals are starting to offer them now.. maybe someone ought to give their development-team a DX100 and say 'you used to be the fore-runners, what went wrong guys?'

I think it will be difficult for anyone to convince Sony that their way of doing things are wrong :D.  I sure hope they either release a player with 128GB or 64GB w/ MicroSD.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #35 of 2,024
I hope eventually someone who has a Z also picks up an F, so we know how the sound compares!!     
wink_face.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #38 of 2,024
Quote:
guess is due to screen size and without hdmi out i guess

I notice there's a mini-jack on the WM-F so should be hdmi like on WM-Z... perhaps CN11 can confirm this

Quote:
Do you think that F800 series is able to drive Beyer DT1350 or similar headphones properly? Is additional amplification needed?

I tested the DT1350's with my WM-Z, drove them easily... the WM-F has the same amp etc so shouldn't be a prob.

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #39 of 2,024
Quote:

I notice there's a mini-jack on the WM-F so should be hdmi like on WM-Z... perhaps CN11 can confirm this

I tested the DT1350's with my WM-Z, drove them easily... the WM-F has the same amp etc so shouldn't be a prob.

from the website. i don see any hdmi out.
cn11 plz cfm it =D

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #41 of 2,024
I haven't tried connecting to any TV's from the standard walkman line out to see if it switches to an HDMI souce. It's the same proprietary plug that has been the standard for a while. There are no other plugs/jacks besides the headphone out. And there is no lanyard loop unfortunately.

Edit,

Actually yes there is a lanyard loop at one corner... it's tiny!

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #43 of 2,024
Quote:
Hello,

is it possible to make a playlist on the go with the device or do you still have to transfer the playlists from the computer?

Thanks

You can do on the fly playlists with Poweramp (but I can't figure out how to reorder the tracks in an already created playlist, so that may not be possible), don't think it's possible with the stock player. Playlists may need to be done in WMP or something... I will do some more digging around in the Z threads to see what else I can figure out. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #44 of 2,024
Hello,

Do you need to install poweramp on the device to make the playlist or you make the playlist from the computer with poweramp and transfer it on the device?

Is it avalaible now on on the sonystore?
I can find it to order on sony website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back