Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
Nov 22, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #901 of 2,024
Quote:
Snip!.....

I finally bought a case for my F807, and it cost me only 3 euros with free shipping (sorry for the quality).
I doubt it is real leather, but the quality is really good for the price, definitely better than what I expected when I first saw the pictures on amazon.

For european members, you can find it in several colors, here (don't know if they ship outside of Europe):

-http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85Z%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sony+nwz-f805&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asony+nwz-f805

-http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kolay%C2%AE-Leather-Stylus-NWZF805-Series/dp/B00940VG0A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1353566109&sr=8-5

Does anyone knows how to do screenshots with the F807?

Wow, congratulation, we created a monster!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

That looks really nice.....

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #902 of 2,024
Quote:
You are right glo, is metal & you should get a casing for it mate.
White & gun metal has the same powder coating finishing.

Ah ah ah. I like to live with DANGER! I don't usually use cases... I only really destroyed one gagdet over the last 10 years - I am usually pretty dependable! I wish I could have cases for my headphones though - especially wires which I seem to go through quite frequently.

Pretty happy with white actually. Turns out my new in ear are white as well and the two are like made for each other - I'll post some pictures later on...

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #903 of 2,024
now for my gapless playback conundrum! do i

a) re-rip my gapless albums to atrac (sony players only) using sonicstage?
b) re-rip my albums as one long 320 mp3 file?
c) leave albums as they are (individual tracks/320 mp3) and use a 3rd party player from the app store eg poweramp instead of the stock player?

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #905 of 2,024
Quote:

power button + vol down at the same time. hold for a cpl of secs

Wow, can't believe I bought a stupid app(an app that doesn't even work with my Walkman) instead of asking here first.
Thanks a lot, guys for helping people
Quote:

Wow, congratulation, we created a monster!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

That looks really nice.....

Thanks 
wink_face.gif
Yeah, it is for the price.

Really enjoying my F807 A LOT, and my love for this thing is dangerously growing.
I remember about 20 pages before, you said the bass was very well engineered, and you were so right.
I still miss the bass extension sometimes, but the bass (and the sound in general) is so accurate, rich, refined.It is a different experience.
In fact this walkman is of a surgical precision. and I still need to get used to it, especially with impression of space.
I expected to miss the warm and "fun" sound of my Window 25, but It is not the case at all.
Sometimes I feel like I am listening my old songs for the first time: so much details revealed by the F series, like if the artist was reinterpreting the song...
Instruments are more than real to my ears.
This thing is dynamite, even if I am still a bit disappointed by the autonomy.
Now I am seriously thinking about buying the Philips Fidelio L1 for my on the go needs, but, for now, I cannot assume to pay that much for headphones.

For those who both have the Z and the F, which one do you prefer on the go?
Do you prefer the warmer sound of the Z, or the clear and accurate sound of the Z?

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #908 of 2,024
Quote:
Curious to know how the sound of this DAP compared to the T51 ? Can it be a good upgrade for my old DAP ?
For me Android is not important, just sound quality, because I already have a GN and a N7 ...

I still have the T51, and still like it, but the F is a bit better, as it is more tamed/refined.
Both are very similar in many areas, but The F is shyer than the T51 in bass department.

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #910 of 2,024
Quote:
Sigh...another head-fi moment of weakness. I ordered the F806 from accessoryjack. I love you guys and hate you guys at the same time right now. 

Hope its blue...

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #912 of 2,024

Many thanks, never know about this shop, bookmarked !

I still have the T51, and still like it, but the F is a bit better, as it is more tamed/refined.
Both are very similar in many areas, but The F is shyer than the T51 in bass department.

I love the bass from the T51 with the IE-80 and the tape mod, just the right amount for me, do you think I will miss that, if you have to keep only one DAP which one you will choice in a sound perspective only?

I'm also waiting for the long coming X3 from Fiio but I want a new DAP before Christmas :) Don't know what to do, please help me Turokrocks :normal_smile :

Anyway many thanks !

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #914 of 2,024
Quote:
Wow, can't believe I bought a stupid app(an app that doesn't even work with my Walkman) instead of asking here first.
Thanks a lot, guys for helping people
Thanks 
wink_face.gif
Yeah, it is for the price.

Really enjoying my F807 A LOT, and my love for this thing is dangerously growing.
I remember about 20 pages before, you said the bass was very well engineered, and you were so right.
I still miss the bass extension sometimes, but the bass (and the sound in general) is so accurate, rich, refined.It is a different experience.
In fact this walkman is of a surgical precision. and I still need to get used to it, especially with impression of space.
I expected to miss the warm and "fun" sound of my Window 25, but It is not the case at all.
Sometimes I feel like I am listening my old songs for the first time: so much details revealed by the F series, like if the artist was reinterpreting the song...
Instruments are more than real to my ears.
This thing is dynamite, even if I am still a bit disappointed by the autonomy.
Now I am seriously thinking about buying the Philips Fidelio L1 for my on the go needs, but, for now, I cannot assume to pay that much for headphones.

For those who both have the Z and the F, which one do you prefer on the go?
Do you prefer the warmer sound of the Z, or the clear and accurate sound of the F?

I prefer the F actually given its size and sound signature.  I love the clarity and depth of the soundstage and those extra details that I get with the F.  To my ears, these traits are just refinement hardly associated with portable music devices.  The F is really impressive in my book.  The bass amount is just right for me.  Remember though, my JH13pro is slighlty bassy than neutral to begin with so they mate really well with the F807.  I can see those who own brighter and drier sound IEM prefering the Z though.  It is all about the matching really.  

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #915 of 2,024
Quote:

I prefer the F actually given its size and sound signature.  I love the clarity and depth of the soundstage and those extra details that I get with the F.  To my ears, these traits are just refinement hardly associated with portable music devices.  The F is really impressive in my book.  The bass amount is just right for me.  Remember though, my JH13pro is slighlty bassy than neutral to begin with so they mate really well with the F807.  I can see those who own brighter and drier sound IEM prefering the Z though.  It is all about the matching really.  

Agreed! It's so great for a portable. I love the traits it has too, with the detail resolution and large sense of space. If any find it bass light, there are so many ways to remedy that... either via what earphones you pair it with, or with Android player apps, or the CB on the Sony itself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back