SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 21, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #6,931 of 7,541
  this player came out in 2008, if I'm not mistaken!

I liked the build and was a nice sound at it's time, wish this was the form factor of the ZX100 nice buttons of that player (actually got mine in 2007)

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #6,932 of 7,541
Any small cheap amp to recommend for a15 or a25?it is too weak to drive my phones at 40 ohms I don't get full essence of the music at moderate levels.I don't want to spend another USD 200 for a heavy amp. Would rather try cowon pd.

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #6,933 of 7,541
I bought from TaoBao the short cable for Sony A25 Walkman and Oppo HA-2 for use as external DAC.

It is the same one as sold by Amazon USA as approved by Oppo? Is it a hit or miss? Because mine isn't working.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #6,934 of 7,541
Any small cheap amp to recommend for a15 or a25?it is too weak to drive my phones at 40 ohms I don't get full essence of the music at moderate levels.I don't want to spend another USD 200 for a heavy amp. Would rather try cowon pd.

I use Fiio's A3 (fairly small, much power, I have no problem overall). Search for it!!!

(I've searched a lot for a smaller and cheaper amp but they don't "amplificate" much and so they are pretty useless for A10 series!!!).

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #6,935 of 7,541
Welcome.Pretty sure the Sony will give you longer service

The Fiio can't be more than a couple of years old? Appalling quality IMO.

I surely hope for Sony. Concerning Fiio I squeezed it (lol) and fixed it!!! (had a prob with headphones out hole after replacing its faulty battery with a new one). Now I use it as a dac/amp 4 ma pc!!!

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #6,936 of 7,541
I bought from TaoBao the short cable for Sony A25 Walkman and Oppo HA-2 for use as external DAC.

It is the same one as sold by Amazon USA as approved by Oppo? Is it a hit or miss? Because mine isn't working.

I bought the one from Amazon, it looks the same as the Taobao pictures. I have only used mine about 3 times, sometimes it doesn't work until I reconnect and wiggle the connection and turn the HA-2 on and off - I'm not sure if it's a loose connection with the wiring or something else.

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #6,937 of 7,541
Selling A25 noise cancelling lime green version @ SGD240 for Singaporeans.
Comes with charging cable , 1 extra screen protector & 'new' 64 GB sony class 10 memory card. Took out to format the SD card to sony format and transfer songs. Lost the black card to download 20 high res songs....oh ya you have to register your own warranty i will give you the receipt.

Player already is sticked with 1 protective screen...not glass.

PM me if interested. Gonna post more pictures tonight.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/805989/sony-a25-lime-green-2-3-weeks-old

3 weeks old. selling because I bought a better dap. of coz the better dap costs me an arm and a leg....hahaha.

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #6,938 of 7,541
Comes with charging cable , 1 extra screen protector & 'new' 64 GB sony class 10 memory card. Took out to format the SD card to sony format and transfer songs. Lost the black card to download 20 high res songs....oh ya you have to register your own warranty i will give you the receipt.

3 weeks old. selling because I bought a better dap. of coz the better dap costs me an arm and a leg....hahaha.

Put it under classifieds section For Sale/Trade forums

which DAP did you got instead?

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #6,939 of 7,541

I assume it is ak380 copper.

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #6,940 of 7,541
And actually I believe this is really annoying because after a full shut off,  the music library is *always* rebuilt during power on.

And since I have a very large music library (most MP3) in a 128GB microSD, it takes a very long time.

This is the only thing that I believe Sony has to fix it in the next firmware update. Since no music was added nor removed, there is no reason to rebuild the library.

I've got a 200gb card in mine that took forever to build first time but any time it shuts down or I reset it and it has to rebuild it takes no time at all.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #6,943 of 7,541
It’s been a while since I'm listening exclusively to my A15 and Sennheiser IE80 with the following Sound Settings:
- VPT (Surround) -> Studio
- EQ -> between 0.4-2.5 kHz: two lines above.

How could this setup be translated in terms of sound signature?
Maybe I should go for IEMs with a totally different one?

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #6,944 of 7,541
  It’s been a while since I'm listening exclusively to my A15 and Sennheiser IE80 with the following Sound Settings:
- VPT (Surround) -> Studio
- EQ -> between 0.4-2.5 kHz: two lines above.

How could this setup be translated in terms of sound signature?
Maybe I should go for IEMs with a totally different one?

almost any other IEM will have by default a signature closer to what you explain. the IE80 is drastically V shaped, with a very very recessed medium that you try to boost.
the difficulty is if you do enjoy the bass/subs of the IE80 as it's not easy to find something with a balanced medium et so much bass at the same time.
did you try the tape mod on the setting screw? if you're curious, I've tried a bunch of silly things here http://www.head-fi.org/t/569527/sennheiser-ie80s-impressions-thread/6885
and there is even a napkin mod by @james444 some pages after that also with my noob and not too reliable measurements. the tape does increase the mids a little so it's something you should enjoy.

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #6,945 of 7,541
The Surround effect might not be helping matters. I think it is tough with a midbass heavy iem though- might try something with a flatter overall bass response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back