SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Apr 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #6,916 of 7,541
  same opinion on the signal strength for BT. no back pocket for me when using BT on the A15. else every time I crouch or sit or turn a certain way, I lose the signal.
frown.gif

volume control really depends on the device. I'm using the XTZ Divine headphone, the volume control buttons on the sony are paired with the buttons on the headphone and do the same thing.

don't we all do this on the computer from some music player software or with mp3tag or ...?

Weird, I've been able to use w/ my bluetooth speaker in the next room.

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #6,917 of 7,541
oh me too. what it doesn't like is having a lot of castleofargh placed between the devices ^_^. else I do get close to 10meters with nothing significant in-between, like it should be.
but amongst the stuff I tried(not a lot, about 6 or 7 phones/tablets), the A15 was the easiest to block after another older sony DAP.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #6,918 of 7,541
  same opinion on the signal strength for BT. no back pocket for me when using BT on the A15. else every time I crouch or sit or turn a certain way, I lose the signal.
frown.gif

volume control really depends on the device. I'm using the XTZ Divine headphone, the volume control buttons on the sony are paired with the buttons on the headphone and do the same thing.

don't we all do this on the computer from some music player software or with mp3tag or ...?

At the time I was using this player, I was traveling and had no computer :) so I guess that was my issue lol. still if your out for a walk and you want to tag something you can't.
My player btw to anyone interested is for sale in the sale part of the forum in mint condition.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #6,919 of 7,541

frown.gif

At the time I was using this player, I was traveling and had no computer :) so I guess that was my issue lol. still if your out for a walk and you want to tag something you can't.
My player btw to anyone interested is for sale in the sale part of the forum in mint condition.

in the ipod you cant tag also not even on fiios

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #6,921 of 7,541
1st day with my previously used A15!!!

It's not better than my broken X3 I liked, but seems a good try from Sony!!!

See ya!!!

Welcome.Pretty sure the Sony will give you longer service

The Fiio can't be more than a couple of years old? Appalling quality IMO.

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #6,922 of 7,541
Does anyone else use the bluetooth facility to 'stream; music to their HiFi or speaker systems ?

I use my A15 with an Arcam miniBlink aptX bluetooth dac (burr Brown). I think it's great being to miraculously pipe 1000s of high quality songs from such a beutiifully designed  hand held device. 

The only thing is I find the connection not quite as good as with my Xperia Z3C phone getting the occasional drop out and a more limited range. I was also a bit surprised that the level is fixed in bluetooth, On the phone the volume can be adjusted. Despite this the Walkman is so much nicer to use with its form factor and physical controls.

The aptX (and LDAC) is just one of many reasons to choose the Sony over inferior and more expensive alternaives IMO.

(EDIT brilliant FM radio is another)

I use the BT Apt-x feature of the A15 to stream to my Chord Hugo. This makes this pairing so convenient on the move, with no tethering between the two.
Yes, the wired connection is slightly better, but only very slightly. For on-the-move listening, Apt-x does a brilliant job IMO.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back