SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Dec 12, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #6,376 of 7,541
Sony NW-A25 now on amazon.ca

I didn't realize that Sony had dropped the Z from the A20 model numbers (now NW-A20).  The A25 is now for sale on Amazon.ca as a Hong Kong import only.  Again I am happy with my A17 and not looking to upgrade any time soon.  I am however curious about Sony's plans for their newer DAPs in Canada. NW-ZX100 on amazon.com but not amazon.ca.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #6,377 of 7,541
Are A25 owners allowed to hang out in this thread? 

I picked up this little beaut today.

While it hasn't arrived yet I just wanted to say...Look at that baby shine!

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #6,378 of 7,541
  Are A25 owners allowed to hang out in this thread? 

I picked up this little beaut today.

While it hasn't arrived yet I just wanted to say...Look at that baby shine!

they are allowed for two or three posts only to raise our jealousy up with their new toys 
tongue_smile.gif

BTW the color looks cool ... happy listening 
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #6,379 of 7,541
they are allowed for two or three posts only to raise our jealousy up with their new toys :tongue_smile:  
BTW the color looks cool ... happy listening :beerchug:

I'm thinking of purchasing a belt holster for it, so I can where it along the beach front in my speedos.

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #6,383 of 7,541
given how little sony changes from DAP to DAP, it could feel like going from one call of duty to the next one, but in sony's mind it's clearly a different DAP.

yeah I guess the EQ dealing with highres as it's been reported, might come from a better CPU or something like that(don't know if it's integrated in the DAC chip?). noise cancelling is as good as saying they bundled an IEM. I don't know it there is anything else changing.
impedance?
voltage output?
hiss?
if there really is a more powerful processor, does that change the battery life significantly?

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #6,384 of 7,541
anyone know if it's possible to extract bookmark lists to a text file somehow? Overdue to change my library out but don't wanna forget all the songs i've bookmarked... speaking of... can you create playlists on the a20 firmware? long wished for improvement.

Kinda tempted by the xduoo x3 as a clip+ replacement (love the clips but I am sick of these things dying lol) , since the A20 seems largely to be a rehash. Any other good compact dap options?

eek, maybe not... just saw a side by side pic and its almost as big as the fiio players lol

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #6,385 of 7,541
  given how little sony changes from DAP to DAP, it could feel like going from one call of duty to the next one, but in sony's mind it's clearly a different DAP.

yeah I guess the EQ dealing with highres as it's been reported, might come from a better CPU or something like that(don't know if it's integrated in the DAC chip?). noise cancelling is as good as saying they bundled an IEM. I don't know it there is anything else changing.
impedance?
voltage output?
hiss?
if there really is a more powerful processor, does that change the battery life significantly?

Hiss is still there even with my cheap Sennheiser CX215 (16 ohm impedance).  When listening to songs with quiet passages especially at night when everyone else is asleep and all appliances are turned off, you will surely recognize it.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #6,387 of 7,541
I believe someone worked out a way to text document a play list in seconds.

Try winamp.

I guess this means there is some way to export the bookmark lists into a playlist... i guess this means that I should be using MediaGO...

*dilligently begins transcribing bookmark lists into his notepad*
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #6,389 of 7,541

impedance?
voltage output?
hiss?

Actually the Sony DAPs don't have DAC chips,  sound is fed from the amp stage through Sony's proprietary design.  A big part of why the power output is so limited.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #6,390 of 7,541
Sound has changed on my A17 and not all for the better

Since I did the firmware update to 1.21 I have found the sound changing on my A17.  It has gotten quite a bit brighter and at times harsh sounding.  I had to eq the 6.3Khz frequency down a notch to tame the brightness.  On tracks without alot of high frequency content there is an increase in clarity and detail which is great.  But on tracks with content in the upper frequencies it is just to bright and for the first time I am experiencing sibilance.  My P5's are pretty warm sounding and it is harsh,  I am sure it would be unbearable through brighter headphones.  I just finished charging the player and I am going to attempt to take the firmware back to version 1.10 to see if I can tame the sound.

I have tried resetting the player but it doesn't make any difference.

I like to listen to my music flat without eq manipulation so having to engage it doesn't make me very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back