SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 27, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #6,271 of 7,541
I use my DACs with a laptop or a tablet, almost exclusively at home/hotels/anywhere with a wall outlet. I didn't even bother getting the digital cable and have never used any DAP with a digital out. so it really wouldn't be my place to write anything on the subject in my review. I know nothing about using sources as transport.
redface.gif

now that I think about it, I'm not sure I make mention of the sony having a digital output at all?
ph34r.gif

but yeah sony giving meaningful information, come on, they're shy people they never do that.
deadhorse.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #6,273 of 7,541
Kind of off topic, but sorta related...

Anybody here got a Z5 Premium phone?
I have been looking at this phone for months and it finally arrived at my carrier (Bell in Canada), yesterday.

I love my A17 and would really like to have these capabilities in my phone.

Looking for any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks!

Shane D

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #6,274 of 7,541
Kind of off topic, but sorta related...

Anybody here got a Z5 Premium phone?
I have been looking at this phone for months and it finally arrived at my carrier (Bell in Canada), yesterday.

I love my A17 and would really like to have these capabilities in my phone.

Looking for any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks!

Shane D

I have an Xperia SP, the Walkman app is ok, but you'd still need a real Walkman. Trust me. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #6,275 of 7,541
After 5 years of Samsung, I am thinking about a change. I like:
4k screen, 23MB camera, waterproof, micro SD support and a better music player that also lays ALAC.

Downside is that if will not as fast/powerful as a Note 5 (I am not what you call a power user) and possible overheating.

Shane D

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #6,276 of 7,541
those days I will cherish. I remember somewhere in 2007/8 I went to best buy and my eyes were wide open when I saw Scorpions -Savage Amusement among the cds and bought it instantly.
I hope one day music industries could revamp the older albums and bring them back to stores.
Well, yeah the feel of a CD of your favorite band's new album in your hands, the leaflet etc. are definitely a thrill. But a few days ago I downloaded an album that I was waiting for a long time a few hours after it was released from qobuz within minutes. That's pretty cool. Still one cannot help but get nostalgic looking back years ago, when we were going regularly to the music shop, browsing through CD's, the joy of finally finding an album that you were looking for months.  I'll give you that. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #6,280 of 7,541
  Dearl all,

I have updated my walkman but it says System software update failed. I cannot use the device. What am i supposed to do now? Thanks.

update again, use the reset hole, update again.
if it's bricked for good, wait 24hours without doing anything on it and then try again, in case it turned off for good in that delay. and if still nothing is happening then send it back to sony for repair.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #6,281 of 7,541
  I use my DACs with a laptop or a tablet, almost exclusively at home/hotels/anywhere with a wall outlet. I didn't even bother getting the digital cable and have never used any DAP with a digital out. so it really wouldn't be my place to write anything on the subject in my review. I know nothing about using sources as transport.
redface.gif

now that I think about it, I'm not sure I make mention of the sony having a digital output at all?
ph34r.gif

but yeah sony giving meaningful information, come on, they're shy people they never do that.
deadhorse.gif

"Shy" is definitely not a word I would ever use to describe Sony.  I can think of some four letter words that would be more accurate
wink.gif

Dearl all,

I have updated my walkman but it says System software update failed. I cannot use the device. What am i supposed to do now? Thanks.

Yeah I would, 1) Make sure memory set to internal 2) remove the SD card if you have one,  3) reset the device 4) rerun the firmware update.  I followed this procedure after I did the firmware update to 1.20 and my unit started restarting constantly.  It was fine after I did this.

Even if you try the steps above and the firmware update succeeds you may still have trouble playing some tracks.  When firmware updates fail sometimes the Master File Table gets corrupted on the DAP and your music can become unplayable (can't locate the tracks location in memory). You can first try rescanning all your tracks and see if that works.  If rescanning doesn't work then format both the System Memory and SD Card if you have one and start reloading your tracks.

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #6,283 of 7,541

"Shy" is definitely not a word I would ever use to describe Sony.  I can think of some four letter words that would be more accurate
wink.gif

Yeah I would, 1) Make sure memory set to internal 2) remove the SD card if you have one,  3) reset the device 4) rerun the firmware update.  I followed this procedure after I did the firmware update to 1.20 and my unit started restarting constantly.  It was fine after I did this.

Even if you try the steps above and the firmware update succeeds you may still have trouble playing some tracks.  When firmware updates fail sometimes the Master File Table gets corrupted on the DAP and your music can become unplayable (can't locate the tracks location in memory). You can first try rescanning all your tracks and see if that works.  If rescanning doesn't work then format both the System Memory and SD Card if you have one and start reloading your tracks.

My DAP is okay now. However I can't successfully update the firmware. It always fails. LOL!!

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #6,285 of 7,541
How do I force this device to go mtp mode only?

Have you tried in SETTINGS > Usb connection Mode? If that fails then go to device manager in windows and uninstall ALL the drivers for your walkman and then disconnect and reconnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back