SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 26, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #6,241 of 7,541

When my E12A amp is charging I will listen to my A17 sans amp and the soundstage is fairly decent.  But when running it through my E12A I really notice limitations in the A17's soundstage as it is definitely wider and deeper with the E12A.  I could get by without an amp but I would miss the obviously bigger soundstage and the additional power when needed.

I will say this the soundstage is certainly better than the Fiio DAP's but still not great  If your experience is limited to say Sony A10 series and Fiio DAP's without amps then your idea of a big sound stage may be quite narrow.  But if you compare it to a wider range of DAP's that is when you will really appreciate the A10 series soundstage for what it is.

Just a question, can the amp E12A eliminate the background hiss of Sony's DAP or we need a separate external DAC for the hiss to be eliminated?

it's a very safe bet. the E12A is known to have a very clean background itself. and using the sony maxed out(line out, or headphone out way loud), the gap between music signal and hiss will increase enough not to be an audible concern anymore. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #6,242 of 7,541

Just a question, can the amp E12A eliminate the background hiss of Sony's DAP or we need a separate external DAC for the hiss to be eliminated?

I personally don't have any issue with background hiss on my A17 with or without my E12A.  I use headphones through the HO and I have no hiss at all that I can hear.  You might be able to reduce it if you go LO to a quiet amp like the E11K or E12A. This would bypass the amp section of the A17 which is the source of the hiss. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #6,243 of 7,541

it's a very safe bet. the E12A is known to have a very clean background itself. and using the sony maxed out(line out, or headphone out way loud), the gap between music signal and hiss will increase enough not to be an audible concern anymore. 

Yep. I have E12 which is even powerful. Let's say  at high gain I increase the volume enough to hear a hiss (when the player is on pause). If I start the Walkman at that volume, the sound hurts my ears. So yes. E12 + HP or E12A + IEM, the hiss is not  problem any longer. God bless FiiO. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #6,245 of 7,541
  I strongly suggest to unplug the MAC before the bath. (couldn't resist sorry).
biggrin.gif

Is it like the burn in? Do you need to keep your Mac in bath overnight to get the conversion right? (Sorry too, it's a rich area 
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #6,246 of 7,541

I strongly suggest to unplug the MAC before the bath. (couldn't resist sorry).
biggrin.gif

Is it like the burn in? Do you need to keep your Mac in bath overnight to get the conversion right? (Sorry too, it's a rich area 
biggrin.gif
)

haha depends how long it takes
biggrin.gif
 my Dad copnverted 2TB of alac to flac and it took whopping 3 days 24/7 to convert it all

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #6,248 of 7,541

haha depends how long it takes
biggrin.gif
 my Dad copnverted 2TB of alac to flac and it took whopping 3 days 24/7 to convert it all

Out of curiosity, how much money did your dad paid apple for 2TB's of music??  

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #6,249 of 7,541

Users who are viewing this thread

Back