SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 11, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #5,806 of 7,541

you can't access the songs on the sd card at all(even browsing by artist or song? or the problem is just with folder browsing?
first option, sorry.
frown.gif
try the install again and contact sony.
second case, the music must be in a folder named MUSIC and it has nothing to do with the update.

I can browse and get to a song/album/artist, and it seems to open a song as if to play it, but nothing happens.​

I have been using the sd card in the a15 for months with no problem, the music is in the "Music" folder.

I will try to install again, I did via MediaGo first time, maybe doing it manually will do the trick.

If not I will contact Sony tomorrow.

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #5,807 of 7,541

I can browse and get to a song/album/artist, and it seems to open a song as if to play it, but nothing happens.​

I have been using the sd card in the a15 for months with no problem, the music is in the "Music" folder.

I will try to install again, I did via MediaGo first time, maybe doing it manually will do the trick.

If not I will contact Sony tomorrow.

I did it via MediaGo but as i said, I removed the microSD card and switched to internal storage before proceeding with installation

Oct 11, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #5,808 of 7,541
@erdie

try the following

1. Reset the walkman by pocking the reset hole in the back if doesnt work then
2. Go to settings> common settings> Reset/format> rebuild library if doesnt work then
3. settings>common settings>Reset/format>format internal memory last resource is next point then
4. reinstall FW but remove SD acrd and switch to internal memory and if this does not work
5. contact sony

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #5,809 of 7,541
Strange, I formatted a 2gb card that I had and put some music on that and it worked in a15. When I tried my other 2 cards (both 128gb SanDisk cards) they didn't work.
Anyone else using a 128gb card and having the same problem?

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #5,810 of 7,541
Strange, I formatted a 2gb card that I had and put some music on that and it worked in a15. When I tried my other 2 cards (both 128gb SanDisk cards) they didn't work.
Anyone else using a 128gb card and having the same problem?

format the card on the player and put the music on the folder called MUSIC, i use that card too and no troubles

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #5,812 of 7,541
So yesterday i upgraded my A17 to 1.20, but some weird thing started to happen. Before there are no problems at all, but now, when i select a certain song, the A17 will start to freeze and restart again. I've tried to reset setting/ formatting/ rebuild library but still the problem occurs whenever i play that song. But if i only copy those "problematic" song (not the entire folder - mine is about 3.000 songs) into the A17, they can still be played normally. And i've already sent those files to one of my friend, who still has his A17 at the previous firmware and there are no trouble playing them at all. So frustrating! Wonder if anyone has this problem and has a "remedy" for this issue.

And sorry for my bad English. Haven't used them for quite a long time so grammar might be corrupted...

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #5,813 of 7,541
I havent found anything on this subject yet, which is kinda strange, but anyway I am wondering the following. 
  I ve got a NW-A16... yes Japanese model, I wanted it because it offers 32gb built in and the cool Noise canceling feature plus it included nice in ear headphones with NC.

Now Sony introduced the *new A2* series, which seems nothing new over the Japanese A16 and A17 models. with nothing i mean really nothing. Same NC chipset etc. Is the A25HN really a super overpriced Japanese A16 costing over EUR 100 more, with only half the memory?

Did anyone try to load A25HN firmware onto  an A-16 already? Or vice versa? 
  I am pleased with my JP firmware anyway. I dont speak JP but due to the icons its all super easy to navigate, and with heavier headphones I dont suffer from volume output limitations.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #5,814 of 7,541
Just downgraded to 1.10 and anything is finally normal again. Really weird issue tbh.

Btw i want to ask u guys one thing. I just started to use A17 for about few days ago, and before the Touch 5 is my best bud. I've "extracted" all of my music on my old Touch to my PC, and everything seems fine, but when i put them on the A17, all of my converted music (from FLAC to m4a) lost it's tag, which mean no cover art, no info, wrong filename, and sort of. And these files still can be seen normally on my Touch and my PC. So i was wondering if there is any software that can fix this problem, or i'd have to re-tag every single of my them again?

Thank you all. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #5,815 of 7,541
  I havent found anything on this subject yet, which is kinda strange, but anyway I am wondering the following. 
  I ve got a NW-A16... yes Japanese model, I wanted it because it offers 32gb built in and the cool Noise canceling feature plus it included nice in ear headphones with NC.

Now Sony introduced the *new A2* series, which seems nothing new over the Japanese A16 and A17 models. with nothing i mean really nothing. Same NC chipset etc. Is the A25HN really a super overpriced Japanese A16 costing over EUR 100 more, with only half the memory?

Did anyone try to load A25HN firmware onto  an A-16 already? Or vice versa? 
  I am pleased with my JP firmware anyway. I dont speak JP but due to the icons its all super easy to navigate, and with heavier headphones I dont suffer from volume output limitations.

I have a japanese A17which like you say is very easy to navigate.. i recently updated my software and found nothing new in the software...I dont know whats different in the A25HN japanese player  apart from new headphones 

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #5,816 of 7,541
  Just downgraded to 1.10 and anything is finally normal again. Really weird issue tbh.

Btw i want to ask u guys one thing. I just started to use A17 for about few days ago, and before the Touch 5 is my best bud. I've "extracted" all of my music on my old Touch to my PC, and everything seems fine, but when i put them on the A17, all of my converted music (from FLAC to m4a) lost it's tag, which mean no cover art, no info, wrong filename, and sort of. And these files still can be seen normally on my Touch and my PC. So i was wondering if there is any software that can fix this problem, or i'd have to re-tag every single of my them again?

Thank you all. 

How did you go back to the previous firmware, I didn't think you could do that?

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #5,819 of 7,541

How did you go back to the previous firmware, I didn't think you could do that?

Well i just download the firmware from Sony site and ya. I already knew that we can't rollback or whatsoever but i was too desperated with the situation so i just tried it. And now my A17 is in 1.10 again.

I'm not having any problems with 1.20 (yet), but thanks for this valuable information, legendcheater!

I had noticed that the 1.20 link for NWS-A17, as provided by xylin6 three days ago, is for various Windows OS only.

For the U.S. region, If anyone wants to select the latest firmware (currently at 1.20) for a different model or operating system, you can find it here:  

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=NWZA17&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

The U.S. site no longer offers firmware 1.10, but I found the Windows version of 1.10 at the Australian site:   

http://www.sony.com.au/support/download/603193

I downloaded it now, just in case I decide I want to roll back.  It might not be available later.

Note also, that I've confirmed there is no difference between the 1.20 files for U.S. and Australia - they're identical, so I'm assuming the 1.10 files are identical, too.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back