SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Sep 15, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #5,582 of 7,541
I briefly had a uk  A15 and a  Japanese A17 ..and the UK A15 was so bloody dull sounding it had no power to drive my headphones....as soon as i got my jap version i was amazed it was night and day ...the jap version sounded so dynamic and powerful ...I will never get a uk sony player again i just wont do it the volume limitation has crippled the sony players.....I still have the x series one of my most favourite sony daps it has no volume limit at all i compared to my jap player and they match it other in volume.
         Comparing the sound the A17 sounds cleaner and more detailed has a better soundstage...the x series sounds a bit muddy in comparison but it is warmer and has that old kinda tube amp sound which i still like..

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #5,584 of 7,541
guys does sony a15 sound quality superior than top notch smartphone such as note5? thanks

Yes i have an xperia m2 and my A17 sounds wayyy better (hitn walkman have dedicated software for music and a dedicated DAC)

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #5,587 of 7,541
Interesting info on possibly bypassing volume cap. Something I would try if..
I still had my A15!

What gives? I thought you loved your A15...?

I would (if you decide to purchase another, down the road) recommend the hong kong version from accessoryjack. that way you don't have to deal with any volume cap issues (and unlike the japanese version it does support english language menus etc)

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #5,589 of 7,541
Yesterday i accidentally misdisconected the fiio L5  LOD and i felt friction on the connector WM-port and when conencted it to pc it went crazy, disconnected it self from pc and took a while to rebuild library and stuck on the battery moving.. restarted it and is back to normal

maybe i shorted it by accident or something

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #5,590 of 7,541
What gives? I thought you loved your A15...?

I would (if you decide to purchase another, down the road) recommend the hong kong version from accessoryjack. that way you don't have to deal with any volume cap issues (and unlike the japanese version it does support english language menus etc)

I did and I do miss it. I just decided it was another gadget I just couldn't justify having or needing. I do it from time to time selling excess headphones and such like. Makes me fill better at the time. Only for me to repurchase them or something similar after a while. Will surely get another Walkman in the future.

Sep 16, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #5,591 of 7,541
Still got my D33 Discman though. Just not very portable when you have to lug around several hundred Cds as well.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #5,592 of 7,541
I did and I do miss it. I just decided it was another gadget I just couldn't justify having or needing. I do it from time to time selling excess headphones and such like. Makes me fill better at the time. Only for me to repurchase them or something similar after a while. Will surely get another Walkman in the future.

I know that dilemma all too well, ... as i suspect many head fi users do.
smile.gif

Still got my D33 Discman though. Just not very portable when you have to lug around several hundred Cds as well.

I spent all day yesterday rocking out to my Walkman Mini Disc player,which i still listen to now and again for nostalgia's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back