SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Aug 8, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #5,251 of 7,541
Any 256 gig card for £60 is likely to be a fake. Only buy if you have a good return policy (Amazon and the like for exampl)). Cheapest 256 sdxc card I know of is around £80-90.

Hmm, to many people say stuff like this way too much online.

The pny 256 card was on AMAZON for under $99 for months

And under $80 on eBay, for a few months now.

Next thing I'll get a reply saying my £25 128GB Sandisk card is fake :p

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #5,252 of 7,541
Don't you have any problems with library size?

I have a brimmed up 128GB (approximately 7K Songs internal + mSD), whenever I try to navigate the library via albums, the unit crashes, restarts and rebuilds the library. I album art is bogging the system down. Too bad, there's only 'album art' or 'album art + text' view modes only. Wish there was 'text' only view mode for the album list.

If I was you, I'd use a program to remove the artwork/picture on your big library. I use dbpoweramp myself.

My walkman 16+128GB only has 2850 songs as half of them are HiRes an the rest are 16bit FLACs.

Aug 8, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #5,253 of 7,541
My walkman 16+128GB only has 2850 songs as half of them are HiRes an the rest are 16bit FLACs.

If I were you, I'd down-sample the hi-rez files to 16/44.1, but that's just me 
wink_face.gif

Aug 8, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #5,256 of 7,541

If I were you, I'd down-sample the hi-rez files to 16/44.1, but that's just me 
wink_face.gif

My library size with 24 + 16 bit is arround 7000 close to 8000 flac,with 16 bit only is between 9000 and 11000 flac

My PC has 41, 750 songs, 2, 485 albums or 713GB, my A17 has never crashed maybe because my files only contain a single album cover, the typical "front" cover and maybe too because my class 10 SanDisk 128GB

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #5,257 of 7,541
OFF TOPIC ... sorry guys but didn't know where to ask about this .... in my subscriptions page i see new connect to facebook  at the upper right side of the page just under my subscriptions ....  is this normal ? just afraid to be a hacker thing or so !!
redface.gif

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #5,258 of 7,541
  OFF TOPIC ... sorry guys but didn't know where to ask about this .... in my subscriptions page i see new connect to facebook  at the upper right side of the page just under my subscriptions ....  is this normal ? just afraid to be a hacker thing or so !!
redface.gif

yup it's been a few days now.
facebook vs a hacker,  what's so different? in both instances they will do whatever they want with your informations ^_^.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #5,260 of 7,541
Hi all, I imported a A15 (64GB, black) from Hong Kong and am very happy with it.
However, I recently bought a 128GB SD card and for some reason it shows only about 32 GB on songs.
Other albums added do not appear to have songs in it, even though in explorer the card says it is filled with 116 GB.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the card, but it is weird; it shows up as 128GB, I can fill it but when browsing it denies there is something there. If I take the card out and put it in a reader it also doesn't show the songs above 32GB., even though the maps per artist and album are there. I've tried some different methods but can't find a solution.
I've formatted the card both inside and outside the player, doesn't help.
It also dsoesn't matter if I use Mediago or direct sideloading through explorer.
Perhaps another format setting? Or do I have a wrong card?

It would be nice if anyone can shed light on this.

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #5,261 of 7,541
  Hi all, I imported a A15 (64GB, black) from Hong Kong and am very happy with it.
However, I recently bought a 128GB SD card and for some reason it shows only about 32 GB on songs.
Other albums added do not appear to have songs in it, even though in explorer the card says it is filled with 116 GB.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the card, but it is weird; it shows up as 128GB, I can fill it but when browsing it denies there is something there. If I take the card out and put it in a reader it also doesn't show the songs above 32GB., even though the maps per artist and album are there. I've tried some different methods but can't find a solution.
It also dsoesn't matter if I use Mediago or direct sideloading through explorer.

not sure I got you right, on your computer the card shows to be a 128gb card(116gb), so what's about the part where you put it in a card reader and only get 32gb worth of songs? both times you look at the content with the computer so there shouldn't be any difference.
still the first suspect is indeed the card. try formatting it to real fat32 not exfat(using some free software like guiformat if you're on windows). see if that changes anything. if not you can send back the card to where you bought it, it's probably either defective or a scam.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #5,262 of 7,541

Format card on player go to home menu and SD card settings format SD card or settings menu > common seetings > reset and format > format SD card

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #5,263 of 7,541

I had exactly the same problem with a no-name micro SD card I got on ebay. It was supposed to be 256GB! I don't know how they get it to look like it is holding a huge number of files, but in the end, it had only about 20 GB usable.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #5,265 of 7,541
"According to reports from Sandisk, one third of all memory cards on the market are counterfeit.You can not determine the actual memory capacity of a counterfeit memory card by simply viewing the capacity displayed by your computer, phone or camera. Counterfeiters fraudulently overwrite the cards internal memory with a false capacity which will display a false capacity on your device. Actual memory must be checked with a test program."   http://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/186/SDHC-Micro-SD-Memory-Cards.html

here is the software (for windows) they recommend for testing your card
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

and an alternate test program for mac
https://flashfakecentral.wordpress.com/testing-flash-memory-chips/h2testw-english-mac-alternative/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back