SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jul 28, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #5,191 of 7,541
Can any Oppo HA2 owners (gerelmx 1986) please share any experience they have of using the HA2's amp section vs the amp/dac with the A15?

Sorry for the late response, I was cooking some biscuits yum yum

Well, I lik the amp section, tough i have never used as DAC with the walkman, i feel it improves everything from soundstage to sounds i never heard before, has great deals of dynamics. It can drive the MDR-1R well on Low gain and the XBA-H3 i use them with low gain but mostly at H gain. I no longer have my ultrasones so i cannot say about it.

my experience battery lasts only about 12 hours, and I recommend uysing a LOD cable rather than the HP-out, i feel using the LOD gives a cleaner signal than the HP jack

Jul 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #5,192 of 7,541
Actually your response was very quick! I like the sound of the A15 and intended to use the HA2 's amp section only, but have heard good things about using the dac/amp. I hopefully can buy the HA2 this weekend. Enjoy your cookies

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #5,193 of 7,541

Thanks for the advice - just followed the link to TaoBao, how do you order as it is in Chinese and I don't see an english language option?

You can use a Taobao agent / buying service. Google around and you will find plenty of them.

Actually I just read the guide to ordering and it seemed a bit of an effort - I've seen another cable on Amazon

It is the same cable, just more expensive on Amazon. But depends on where you are, it might come out cheaper. So you should compare price.

Can any Oppo HA2 owners (gerelmx 1986) please share any experience they have of using the HA2's amp section vs the amp/dac with the A15?

There is just no comparison - HA-2's DAC and amp section are a clear step up from A15, especially the amp section.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #5,194 of 7,541
I completely agree with you. I took out the clip for my usual run 2 weeks ago when it rained heavily after 10mins of jogging. I clipped it on my shorts pocket, but as I was soaked completely, the clip unclipped and fell face down on the tar road, sliding for a few meters in the now hydrostatic surface. Initially it did not work when I powered it on and it gave a format error. I can assure it water definitely entered into the headphone and micro-sd slot. When I got home that message disappeared and 2 weeks later it works with no problems.
It's very lightness and plastic construction gives it great impact absorption and strength though. If you were to drop a Sansa Clip on to a hard floor from hight (as I have several Times)there would be zero damage. a heavier player even an A15 could be smashed from the force of impact due to its greater nass,

The strongest mp3 player ever is the Creative Zen Stone a little plastic screenless 'pebble' that could be thrown at a wall (tried thus) or dropped from 30000 Ft(not attempted yet) and escape with only minor scratches.

likewise a light player will put less not more stress on its jack. the clip jack is on its side and if used with a right angle jack like the HD25's and especially if it's clip is used then its a sturdy little devil. Only the clip itself is a week point on these. Only in my (5-6 years or so) experience of clips/clip+s of course .

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #5,195 of 7,541
I'll repeat my question, were the comparison with the Japanese version? which is better? what's the difference?

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #5,196 of 7,541
  I'll repeat my question, were the comparison with the Japanese version? which is better? what's the difference?

Took apart my A15 and it looks identical to the Japanese version, so my conclusion is the difference is only in firmware, where Japanese version offers some extra features while the international version locks them away. Hardware wise however, we all have the same thing.

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,197 of 7,541
it's bad where there was a big difference between, А860 ,on hearing the Japanese version played louder!

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #5,199 of 7,541
  Castleofargh's suggestion (cleaning the headphone jack and spinning it in the player) seems to have done the trick.
Thanks for the help everyone.

i always make sure to clean my jacks every now and then. And always try to handle them with clean hands

Instead of spinning it on the player maybe you cna spin it on a soft lint-free cloth to clean it, use some alcohol for this, and how to clean the player's socket thats what i don't know :D

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #5,200 of 7,541

i always make sure to clean my jacks every now and then. And always try to handle them with clean hands

Instead of spinning it on the player maybe you cna spin it on a soft lint-free cloth to clean it, use some alcohol for this, and how to clean the player's socket thats what i don't know :D

Use Deoxit.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #5,201 of 7,541
You can use a Taobao agent / buying service. Google around and you will find plenty of them.

It is the same cable, just more expensive on Amazon. But depends on where you are, it might come out cheaper. So you should compare price.

There is just no comparison - HA-2's DAC and amp section are a clear step up from A15, especially the amp section.

Yes the Amazon option is a bit $$, I'll research the TaoBao option.
After enjoying the A15's sound I look forward to hearing the HA2, although as I like simplicity/portability it will only be used with my overheads at home when I'm not at my desk/pc set up

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #5,205 of 7,541
  do you think its worth it? A friend of mine is in Japan right now, and i can ask him to get it for me without paying all those crazy price on ebay

you mean A-10 ? ... if you mean it then yes ...BUT only if you can read japanes because the japanes version only use japanes language and no option for changing it to English !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back