SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #2,552 of 7,541
Every Bluetooth Remote Control should work in theory, the player can handle AVCRP. But i don't have one to try it.

You think of something like this? http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/remote-and-handset-brh10/

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #2,553 of 7,541
  Every Bluetooth Remote Control should work in theory, the player can handle AVCRP. But i don't have one to try it.

You think of something like this? http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/remote-and-handset-brh10/

Thanks. I thought it for android devices only..

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #2,554 of 7,541
Stop it, i took a closer look. The Sony remote uses HID bluetooth protocol, which is useless with the NWZ-A15.

You will need a AVRCP remote control. But i haven't found one yet. All available remote seems to use the HID protocol.

But what is the purpose of a remote control for the NWZ-A15?

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2,556 of 7,541
Bluetooth w/ NFC = Very cool!

Discovered another cool feature on my A17.
To sync with my Sony bluetooth speaker which also has NFC support, just put the 2 close together and it's sync'd after a few seconds.  No need to go through the A10 menus and so on.
Sounds very good too with its AptX support.

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2,557 of 7,541

Hey guys, any of you using the JH13 FP with this Sony dap? How do they pair? I know a multi ba iem can get finicky in the bass department with a bad pairing. For instance, my JH13 doesn't pair too well with my Arrow 4G amp, the bass sounds slightly weird.

They sound great, however i can still hear a bit of hiss/buzz in the background. Not that noticeable when the music is playing though.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #2,558 of 7,541
Originally Posted by starfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, any of you using the JH13 FP with this Sony dap? How do they pair? I know a multi ba iem can get finicky in the bass department with a bad pairing. For instance, my JH13 doesn't pair too well with my Arrow 4G amp, the bass sounds slightly weird.

the arrow I think is also in the 3 to 5ohm impedance(maybe I'm mistaking with another amp, but I think I stopped reading about it because of impedance).  the A10 is 4ohm. on the jh13 (non FP for me) the bass goes down in an uneven way when the source impedance rises. can't tell if that's what you're feeling with the arrow, it's audible but still subtle at 4ohm.
in any case, if that's the reason then you'll get the same from the sony :frowning2: just an hypothesis over a non FP IEM, I wouldn't want to scare you over nothing, but it's a possibility.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #2,559 of 7,541
  the arrow I think is also in the 3 to 5ohm impedance(maybe I'm mistaking with another amp, but I think I stopped reading about it because of impedance).  the A10 is 4ohm. on the jh13 (non FP for me) the bass goes down in an uneven way when the source impedance rises. can't tell if that's what you're feeling with the arrow, it's audible but still subtle at 4ohm.
in any case, if that's the reason then you'll get the same from the sony :frowning2: just an hypothesis over a non FP IEM, I wouldn't want to scare you over nothing, but it's a possibility.

I think what you're describing comes close to what I hear on the Arrow 4G. On some tracks, the initial bass impact sort of fades out in a weird way and then comes back right before the natural decay of the bass impact starts. It sounds really weird when you pay attention to it. So maybe I need to write the A17 off my list (or try to demo it somewhere with my test track on which it's most obvious), which is a real bummer as long battery life is one of my most important criteria for a new DAP. At least 15 hrs, and the A17 gets about 30 which is great!

I don't hear this when listening through my iPod classic by the way.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #2,560 of 7,541

I think what you're describing comes close to what I hear on the Arrow 4G. On some tracks, the initial bass impact sort of fades out in a weird way and then comes back right before the natural decay of the bass impact starts. It sounds really weird when you pay attention to it. So maybe I need to write the A17 off my list (or try to demo it somewhere with my test track on which it's most obvious), which is a real bummer as long battery life is one of my most important criteria for a new DAP. At least 15 hrs, and the A17 gets about 30 which is great!

then you can rule out the impedance. I think ipods were close to 5ohm?  do you know the output of the arrow4G? I googled rapidly but failed. my foggy memories tell me that the first arrows had high impedance, and the 4G was corrected to be under 5ohm. but it might be worth to actually check. do you have a well below 1ohm source to test if that does a noticeable change?

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #2,561 of 7,541

then you can rule out the impedance. I think ipods were close to 5ohm?  do you know the output of the arrow4G? I googled rapidly but failed. my foggy memories tell me that the first arrows had high impedance, and the 4G was corrected to be under 5ohm. but it might be worth to actually check. do you have a well below 1ohm source to test if that does a noticeable change?

I'll test with my E07K DAC, that has a rated output impedance of <0.3 Ohm

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #2,562 of 7,541

I'll test with my E07K DAC, that has a rated output impedance of <0.3 Ohm

I want to know the rated impedance of the Oppo ha-2 (input impedance)

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #2,563 of 7,541
  Bluetooth w/ NFC = Very cool!

Discovered another cool feature on my A17.
To sync with my Sony bluetooth speaker which also has NFC support, just put the 2 close together and it's sync'd after a few seconds.  No need to go through the A10 menus and so on.
Sounds very good too with its AptX support.

My sony vayio has NFC but I doubt it would work to transfer files sans-cable, perhaps is just for speakers and headphones, but I shall test it out

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,564 of 7,541

why not try another amp, or if you want to demo the A17, first deactivate ALL audio effects, give it a try, IMHO is a great little bugger, tiny size... but Big sound quality and mammoth storage, large battery almost on par with the classic's battery.

Reason your classic sounded better on the arrow is using line-out cable? and what did you use in the arrow + A17? lone out or headphone out?

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #2,565 of 7,541
Called FedEx today for the status of my LOD cable, that is problem of the customs to release it, but as soon it-s released it would be delivered to me,
biggrin.gif
 I'm not too worried on how many days it will take to be on my hands but I am more worried about a hefty tax because import from asia, because the import tax can be 3 times the value of the little cable
frown.gif

supposedly Christmas season is over, so I expected the customs to be more fluid... nope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back