SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #2,208 of 7,541
Sennheiser IE60 is my favourite so far. Nice big soundstage and imaging. Gives me the impression like I'm listening to a big pair headphones on. Nice tight bass. Treble is a bit lacking but easily corrected with the A17. Makes me really want to try the IE80 now.
Short IE list I tried includes Shure SE215, Shure E4C, Beyerdynamics 102, and a few others I can't recall.

Quote:
Looking for some earbuds for my coming a15,
Must be detailed, nice stage, under 200$ could be nice.

Right now I own some full size headphones (Grado 325i, Sony X05), like the super detailed Grado very much but for outside it's a bit more complicated....
The Sony X05 are a real bargain for those who want to boost some bass, but can't match the Grado for real audiophiles...

Any recommendations for nice in-ear to pair with the little fellow ?

Thanks,
G.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #2,209 of 7,541
Looking for some earbuds for my coming a15,
Must be detailed, nice stage, under 200$ could be nice.

Right now I own some full size headphones (Grado 325i, Sony X05), like the super detailed Grado very much but for outside it's a bit more complicated....
The Sony X05 are a real bargain for those who want to boost some bass, but can't match the Grado for real audiophiles...

Any recommendations for nice in-ear to pair with the little fellow ?

Thanks,
G.

let's start from the beginning.
you're looking for earbuds only or in ears are ok?
and then you want something more like the 325i when it comes to signature?

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #2,211 of 7,541
well tis little bugger (A17) level of detial for an 16/44.1 is fu*** good, i hear the mechanism of te entire instrument, from plectra clicking, the keys moving and making friction noises, even the jack mechanism when gets "dropped" and comes to rest in the instrument as nice "thump" even i could hear the internal resonance or reverb of the spinett (was recorded in 60's according to my BF but the label rendered them as DDD, surpirsingly they sound so clean as they were recorded on CD directly)even if it was recorded on a studio or in the nuremberg museum, really don't know eher as i haven't looked the booklest at full detail. but certainly is not a cathedral or a big room.

i've discovered a lot of details in good recodings (detail retrivial is terrific) they were sounding perfect before but now i can hear clicks and a lot of noises that engineers probably try to hide during the mastering process.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #2,212 of 7,541
let's start from the beginning.
you're looking for earbuds only or in ears are ok?
and then you want something more like the 325i when it comes to signature?

Opps, never thought there was a different between earbuds and in-ear.... Guess both r fine yeah.....
As for the sound signature, well, yeah I do like the Grado a lot so something that reminds that sound could be nice, but not a must though....

Do like highs, detailed sound,
But nice deep bass is a must as well....

Although I like Sony's XBA line it seems that they are too far away from what can be called 'natural'. I guess the Grado are better on this area.

I do consider the Bower & wilkins C5 as they are considered to be very detailed and at the same time supposed to give a nice deep bass - but the fact that they are driven by a single driver makes me wonder if some of the music will be lost....
Can't say they come cheap, but I don't care as long as they deliver....

Will take a look at the Schneider IE80, thanks Phanker....

Thanks all for the great input....

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2,213 of 7,541

i've discovered a lot of details in good recodings (detail retrivial is terrific) they were sounding perfect before but now i can hear clicks and a lot of noises that engineers probably try to hide during the mastering process.

Yeah I know some engineers try the extra-mile to hide clicks and other nuances (wuould be cool if they hid cough or a sneeze, i have some albums with this (live recordings) and it's annoying).

But when recording such an instrument (puled from a museum (probably made in the 1600's, 1700's) ad tuned) I doubt they hide such normal operation "noises" from the instruments, really don't know if in classical music recordings they tend to do this "masking" more often than other genres and yeah is worriesome if th do this, then th recording is "not original"

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #2,214 of 7,541
Havi B3 Pros. Definitely. Mine pair reeeeeeeal well with the A15, and they're under $100 from Penon. Amazing sound.

Haven't heard of those till now, real cheap.... Are those detailed enough? Nice separation between elements? Sound stage?

Again, I do like the Sony in-ear series as well, very much, but they are everything but natural. At least the ones I had till now. It a great bonus for Rock/Pop, but when I move to classical music.... Ahhh.... Come on....

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #2,215 of 7,541
I do consider the Bower & wilkins C5 as they are considered to be very detailed and at the same time supposed to give a nice deep bass - but the fact that they are driven by a single driver makes me wonder if some of the music will be lost....
Can't say they come cheap, but I don't care as long as they deliver....

Will take a look at the Schneider IE80, thanks Phanker....

Thanks all for the great input....

I've been listening to my B&W C5 Series 2 with the NWZ-A17 all morning and it's an amazing pairing! The C5 really compliments the A17 in that the A17 is a little lean sounding and the C5 is a little bass heavy and together it is a gorgeous sound, open and airy and great PRAT.  I have listened to Paul Simon "Graceland", Rickie Lee Jones "Traffic From Paradise", Yes "Big Generator" and Dave Brubeck "Time Out" this morning and have been amazed with the sound.  The impedance spec and sensitivity have me staying around 15 to 16 on the volume and it sounds full and dynamic.  I just got the A17 yesterday and the C5 a few weeks back, I am happy they are a great match! Brubeck's "Time Out" sounds so good!

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #2,216 of 7,541

Yeah I know some engineers try the extra-mile to hide clicks and other nuances (wuould be cool if they hid cough or a sneeze, i have some albums with this (live recordings) and it's annoying).

But when recording such an instrument (puled from a museum (probably made in the 1600's, 1700's) ad tuned) I doubt they hide such normal operation "noises" from the instruments, really don't know if in classical music recordings they tend to do this "masking" more often than other genres and yeah is worriesome if th do this, then th recording is "not original"

There are some subtile "thick", "click" or "gling"... at first i was thinking of a hardware or a file problem... file is "EAC accurate ripping" and Flac processed and the "sonic things" are always here
biggrin.gif
at the same place
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #2,218 of 7,541
Here is my new red Dignis case:

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #2,219 of 7,541
Yesterday I was in my local Sony Centre store, just to make some listening session of A15... Could not leave store without this little killer :).

Looking for black silicone case but seems they are all sold. I will probably buy blue or clear one, but I have black version of the player...

Jan 17, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #2,220 of 7,541
I've been listening to my B&W C5 Series 2 with the NWZ-A17 all morning and it's an amazing pairing! The C5 really compliments the A17 in that the A17 is a little lean sounding and the C5 is a little bass heavy and together it is a gorgeous sound, open and airy and great PRAT.  I have listened to Paul Simon "Graceland", Rickie Lee Jones "Traffic From Paradise", Yes "Big Generator" and Dave Brubeck "Time Out" this morning and have been amazed with the sound.  The impedance spec and sensitivity have me staying around 15 to 16 on the volume and it sounds full and dynamic.  I just got the A17 yesterday and the C5 a few weeks back, I am happy they are a great match! Brubeck's "Time Out" sounds so good!

YES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back