SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #331 of 7,541
u did not certainly.
the question was for dude who just gave impressions,lol

cheers

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #332 of 7,541
.....snip  

the battery went from full to 3/4bars just now while I was playing with some options, it's been ON a total of a 14h37. I use a 21st century .txt to keep track of usage time, I know mind blown! (using mostly MP3, I listened to 1album in 24/196 for the fun of it, used DSEE ON and OFF but mostly OFF. maybe 20mn of clear audio+ if I add all the on and off to hear a difference. also spent like an hour with SensMe shuffling like mad).
they seem to stick to the good old "take sony specs, cut it in half and you get the max usage time really possible". the specs said 50hours with MP3, 25hours max with no DSP would be kick assssss!!!!!!! remember you can pretty much cut anything in half again using some DSP options the manual mention it just like it did for the F886.
if I can get passed 20hours on first charge, I'll sell my other sonys. some comfortable battery time is certainly something I'm happy about. I'll just use tthe amp for my sensitive IEMs and F it.

Also I like to remind you that batteries need  at lease 3-5 charges before they give their full potential.

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #333 of 7,541
Can u please elaborate how x5's dac is crap?

I am genuinely not very well versed in this but I thought that they put in a very nice dac just like dx90(laughable battery life aside,lol)

As for the amp,it does not sound bad if sony can put in a nice real one,lol.

I was talking about the X3, I didn't hear the X5, only through some recordings with different firmwares from ClieOS in sound science section.
and it seemed to sound just great. it's too big/heavy for me, else I would have bought one.

Quote:

Also I like to remind you that batteries need  at lease 3-5 charges before they give their full potential.

yup that why I said I would be happy if I reached 20hours, as it could only get better after a few charges.
it's a very good surprise for me as I first thought it would be like the time given for hires divided by 2 so 10h max. but nope, that is already long passed and I'm thrilled about it. battery life is a major point for me.

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #334 of 7,541
  yup that why I said I would be happy if I reached 20hours, as it could only get better after a few charges.
it's a very good surprise for me as I first thought it would be like the time given for hires divided by 2 so 10h max. but nope, that is already long passed and I'm thrilled about it. battery life is a major point for me.

Some time ago, I asked my Malaysian friend who works at a Sony factory to forward  some letters to Sony executives and engineers (any in top management), where I emphasized the importance of battery life and microsd to us and gave them the J3 as an example (50+ hours), and what perfect dap would be.

I do also remember quoting part of these letters in a Sony thread at head-fi, but I forgot where.

Think they read them...
biggrin.gif
, but I blame the slow post...
wink_face.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #335 of 7,541
Review of the NWZ-A17:  http://www.cnet.com/news/sonys-tiny-high-resolution-audio-player-might-be-the-next-big-thing/#ftag=rss.audiophiliac.ftag

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #336 of 7,541
How is the SQ so far ascariss

It's perfect in my opinion.  I don't own super duper high end headphones worth more than my laptop but comparing it to other walkmans I have and owned, the A15 is the best so far in terms of audio quality. I personally do not hear any hiss, maybe my headphones are not as sensitive as others here, but I do plan on purchasing the new XBA-A2s one they are released, either here in Europe or just import them from Japan, so perhaps the hiss will appear then.

The A is what I've wanted in a walkman, smaller size, expandable memory, and built in amp, only thing missing is built in noise cancellation, but you can't always have everything.  I haven't used the F885, partly because it costs too much for a stand alone mp3 player and I already had an android device, my xperia z1.  As for the ZX1, it is not on sale here in Poland, and costs even more than an arm and a leg probably if I imported it.

Most of my music is 320kbps bought online, only flac I own is whatever I rip from my CDs, which is less likely now since my FW Vaio died and my Vaio pro 13 has no cd drive.  Buying hi-res audio is also not possible since my genre music is not sold in hi-res, except WAV but upgrading at this point in time would cost me way too much money.

It is always to best test out the device in store before deciding whether it is what you would like in a player.  The A15/17 can receive songs via bluetooth, so one can always bring their smartphone and send a song over bluetooth to test it out.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #338 of 7,541
  Yeah Im slightly cautious about spending this much on a device without touch screen and drag and drop file transfer.
For same price in the UK as this you can get a Fiio X3 which I think would probably have better SQ.

how would you add files to this device if theres no drag drop ?

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #339 of 7,541
 Yeah Im slightly cautious about spending this much on a device without touch screen and drag and drop file transfer.
For same price in the UK as this you can get a Fiio X3 which I think would probably have better SQ.

You have to use Sony software. I want one that gets mounted as USB drive in windows.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #340 of 7,541
  Review of the NWZ-A17:  http://www.cnet.com/news/sonys-tiny-high-resolution-audio-player-might-be-the-next-big-thing/#ftag=rss.audiophiliac.ftag

Probably the worst site for proper review of anything but apple and samsung.
The proper review will be from our fellow head fi member only

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #341 of 7,541

There is drag and drop on older versions, so I guess it is also here. I have NWZ-E574 and NWZ-F886 and both have this feature. 

Now I am not sure what you understand by drag and drop. When the USB cable is inserted a new drive is mounted where you can copy files to it (and also drag and drop like in every window / folder).

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #342 of 7,541
  There is drag and drop on older versions, so I guess it is also here. I have NWZ-E574 and NWZ-F886 and both have this feature. 

Now I am not sure what you understand by drag and drop. When the USB cable is inserted a new drive is mounted where you can copy files to it (and also drag and drop like in every window / folder).

yes i can confirm e and s series i had were drag and drop

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #343 of 7,541

You have to use Sony software. I want one that gets mounted as USB drive in windows.

no you drag and drop all you like, and it does appear as a drive in windows. we're long past the old sony DAPs where you had to use sonic stage to transfert files.
maybe you misread some of my comments before, I mentioned mediago(the software for the sony) as an option to read your music and get the SensMe data, but that has nothing to do with using your music as a normal DAP. it's a special shuffle feature.
but even for that you can still just drag and drop and scan later with the DAP itself, it's just uber long.
if MTP is available it will use that as USB connection, if not you can activate other means to detect USB directly from the DAP settings. but on windows MTP works just fine.
if anything the last sony DAPs are more convenient than ever, allowing much more compatibility in formats and actions.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #344 of 7,541
I have the latest version of media go. It even recognizes my Galaxy Note and the A 845.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #345 of 7,541

Ah ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back