SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Oct 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #241 of 7,541
I think PriceJapan has all of these... I was so close of ordering the 64gb one... ... ...

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #242 of 7,541
A10 is 16 gb and a17 is 64 gb
A15 should be 32 gb but haven't heard about a16?

My point is 16 gb should be the min memory

actually A10 is the series name

the models in the A10 series are

A15 16gb
A16 32gb (Japan release only from what i've seen)
A17 64gb

Sony have always done this,for example with the F800 and F880 series in 2012 and 2013 you had

F805 16gb
F806 32gb
F807 64gb

then

F885 16gb
F886 32gb
F887 64gb

the last number always seems to denote the gb amount

and similarly on earlier E series or S series models for example on an 8gb player the number would end in 4
or for a 4gb player the number ended in 3 (i.e. the 4gb nwz-E383 )

it really is strange for Sony to skip over India with the A10 series,then again it stunned me when they only released the 16 and 32gb versions of the F800 series in the USA in 2012 and I had to import a 64gb version from Japan,and surprised me even more when Sony never released either the F880 or ZX 1 series here in the USA (even a limited release would have been nice). I don't understand their strategy at all when it comes to why they release some models in certain regions and skip others entirely.I'm just happy the A17 will be released here in the CONUS

also didn't you say you could order from sites in Hong Kong? because I see the A17 is available now for pre order and in all four colors which is interesting as i thought that the blue and pink were only available from Japan and exclusive to the 32gb version anyway no mention of the A15 yet but if you want the A17 from HK here is a link
http://www.sony.com.hk/products/apps/product/simplePage.do?modelCode=_M039523&lang=en

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #243 of 7,541
u don't understand.
by hong kong I mean 3 rd party sellers and not sony store there.

ordering from sony directly will push me back way too much as import duty will be levied.

price japan seems better idea.

but my point stands,the strategy is stupid and they should have launched a 8 gb model as this has a micro sd card slot.
That would have made it more competitive.

cheers.

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #246 of 7,541
  I think PriceJapan has all of these... I was so close of ordering the 64gb one... ... ...

Do you know if the menus are in English?

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #247 of 7,541
I think wakkmans have built in language options with many supported.

not sure though,i think my e series had it.

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #248 of 7,541
  Do you know if the menus are in English?

It was mentioned previously by a member that a CNET article showed the ... bah... lemme look for it! LOL
Here --> http://www.head-fi.org/t/728401/new-sony-nwz-a10-series-walkman-micro-sd-card-slot/60#post_10859627

:)

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #249 of 7,541

Be careful guys when ordering a Japanese only model.  Reason, the non-android models might only contain Japanese language for the menus.

For example. the M-series, I was going to import the M505 from Japan, but the menus are all in Japanese, but once Sony released the M here in europe, i just bought it here.  I have not seen anyone yet change the NW models into a NWZ model, as in english menus.  But if having the menus in Japanese is not an issue for someone, then importing it from Japan should not be a problem.

That being said, I would not import from pricejapan because the price is ridiculous, 32GB is almost 300 USD, while the 64GB is 380 USD.  The same 64GB model in the US is 299 USD plus tax but still cheaper overall I feel.  But Sony US has no ship or availability date.  Price japan states november 8th which is still a month off.

I am still waiting for it here in Europe and from what I saw on the Sony sites it is delayed to late october now, but Sony Poland says in store date is still on track for middle of October.

Shame Sony Europe has not decided to import the 64 GB model but if it is anything like the older A-series (840), perhaps 6 months on, the 64GB model will appear for sale.

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #250 of 7,541

Be careful guys when ordering a Japanese only model.  Reason, the non-android models might only contain Japanese language for the menus.

For example. the M-series, I was going to import the M505 from Japan, but the menus are all in Japanese, but once Sony released the M here in europe, i just bought it here.  I have not seen anyone yet change the NW models into a NWZ model, as in english menus.  But if having the menus in Japanese is not an issue for someone, then importing it from Japan should not be a problem.

That being said, I would not import from pricejapan because the price is ridiculous, 32GB is almost 300 USD, while the 64GB is 380 USD.  The same 64GB model in the US is 299 USD plus tax but still cheaper overall I feel.  But Sony US has no ship or availability date.  Price japan states november 8th which is still a month off.

I am still waiting for it here in Europe and from what I saw on the Sony sites it is delayed to late october now, but Sony Poland says in store date is still on track for middle of October.

Shame Sony Europe has not decided to import the 64 GB model but if it is anything like the older A-series (840), perhaps 6 months on, the 64GB model will appear for sale.

Are you not worried that it might have the crippling Eu volume restriction that i hate so much..plus the Japanese version  has noise cancelling support and plays atrac files ..i think it will have english in the menu but our Japanese friends will confirm that

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #252 of 7,541
It will likely have low impedance too,thank goodness after a-845

From the site specs of a-17

Digital amplification for sophisticated sound

S-Master HX digital amplification circuitry, uniquely developed for high resolution audio playback, delivers faithful wide-frequency audio reproduction with all the details from the highs to the lows.

High-efficiency circuitry…

The circuit board is the core of any electronic device. Borrowing a few tricks from our accomplished ES audio lineup, a low impedance circuit board ensures signal integrity while low resistance battery connectivity provides for efficient current transfer and faithful audio delivery.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #254 of 7,541

did you even read the post above yours? the japan blue model will have English menu available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back